— excellent remote working options
- People first business with great company culture and work-life balance at the heart of what they do.
- Ambitious start-up with an already strong big name client base.
- Learn new skills or improve your current abilities, supported by training.
A dynamic, Bristol-based tech start-up is growing their creative team and is currently looking for ambitious and entrepreneurial Android developers. The business already has a number of core clients, including some well-known household names, and are not only looking to expand within their current market but are also interested in moving into new areas. You’ll have the chance to work with a progressive technology stack and will be supported by training and mentorship to learn new skills and improve your current knowledge.
What skills you’ll need
- You’ll have commercial Android development experience, based around Java and Kotlin.
- An understanding of RESTful APIs, 3rd party APIs and networking.
- Working knowledge of Git.
- You’ll have some experience or knowledge of dependency management (i.e. Carthage, npm).
- Any further knowledge of C#, Python, Ruby or Bash would be a bonus, as would knowledge of databases.
- Open Source contributions would be a really attractive bonus.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working closely with the businesses core clients, primarily leading e-Commerce brands, to improve existing apps and develop / prototype new ones. It’s an Agile development environment and you’ll be expected to communicate clearly and openly with both clients and the multi-skilled internal development team. You’ll also participate in code reviews, write unit tests, help maintain the continuous integration system and work with external QA teams to troubleshoot bugs and identify areas for optimisation. You’ll be expected to take a keen interest in learning new skills and keeping up with industry trends, helping to integrate new ideas/technologies in to the business when appropriate.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is the chance to work within a small start-up with big ambitions. Given the strong relationships with key clients, there’s a level of stability that can sometimes be hard to find in early-stage companies - although they still have the energy and passion of a start-up! A key focus of the expansion is to maintain a people first ethos behind the business and so staff engagement and happiness guides all decisions. As the team grows, there’s a keen interest in hackathons, gaming sessions, beer brewing, MVP challenges or anything else you can think of and suggest! There will also be a high level of support and encouragement to learn new skills and attend conferences. Further, they offer 28 days holiday on top of 2 weeks off over the Christmas period!
Want to create software that makes a difference? Send in your CV now to Ellen (01179269530)
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— World-leading Computer Vision companyLocation:OxfordSalary:£40,000 - £60,000
— Global Media companyLocation:BathSalary:£45k
— Digital Media companyLocation:BathSalary:£35k