— International Legal firm.
- International Legal sector client based in central Bristol.
- Work on public sector Bids with a specialist team.
- Fantastic culture with progression and development opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to join an amazing law firm based in central Bristol as Bid Manager on a permanent full time basis. You’ll be working with the Head of Bids and help to achieve growth plans by managing the bids pipeline, provide guidance on win strategy, produce bids documents and coach presentation teams.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll manage the Bid process for your nominated sector (mostly public sector clients) by probing and challenging the bids invitation and working with the Sector Teams and Partners to access and anticipate client needs. You’ll play a key part in working with the PG&R to identify possible risks to the business and comply with internal risk management. You’ll also use project management techniques to ensure a smooth process and use a strategic approach while working on the win strategy.
As the Bid Manager you will be responsible for managing bids strategy meetings and also work closely with lawyers, finance and any other experts internally that will help you formulate an attractive and profitable offer. You’ll work hard to ensure all debriefs and undertaken on all bids, either personally or through the client listening team. You’ll also work closely with the Content Team and Bids Executive.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- You’ll have significant in-depth experience of managing bids, ideally within professional services but we are very open to other sector experience too
- You’ll have strong strategic and commercial awareness, coupled with industry and competitor knowledge
- You’ll understand the sales theory and best practice and have experience of applying it successfully to achieve client wins
- You’ll understand project management techniques and be able to create and manage complex project plans with the determination and pace to make things happen.
- You’ll have strong writing, proof reading and editing skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of pitch presentation skills
- Experience dealing with senior stakeholders and possess high levels of credibility with the ability to influence, challenge and coach
- Be degree educated or equivalent
- Have high levels of numeracy and analysis (also be able to use EXCEL to a high standard)
What you’ll get in return for your experience
You’ll be rewarded with a great salary and benefits in the range of £40k-£50k dependent on experience.
If this sounds like the ideal next opportunity and you have the correct skills and experience then please apply here.Back to jobs