You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
— Software Design Business
- Join a team with a truly flat management structure.
- Work with top brands in charity and not for profit (amongst others).
- Enjoy flexible working, generous holiday allowance and a discretionary bonus scheme.
We’re looking for an experienced Visual Designer to join a web and app design studio in Bristol. With strong capability in development and UX they’re looking to bolster the team with a strong visual and UI offering.
What you’ll be doing
Up until now the business has relied on external partners for design. This role serves as an opportunity for the studio to pair their expert UX and development teams with strong visual capability and offer a truly end to end design and development service to clients. As the lead UI Designer you’ll own the visual output for the team and define the vision, practice and standards for design.
As this is a new role for the the business we’re looking for someone with experience across the whole design process, likely someone that has worked within a small to medium sized agency. The visual designer will create, test, learn and improve solutions for web, app and software. Clients will include big names within the charity, education, financial services and creative sectors.
Day to day the role will be varied; you can expect to lead workshops with clients, produce concepts (paper and screen based), create design systems and detailed UI’s as well as marketing collateral and pitch materials to support the growth of their creative function.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Past experience operating at a senior level within a UI or visual design role.
- A portfolio that shows end to end design artefacts from concept through to highly polished visuals.
- Confident user of modern design tools (Adobe CC, Figma, Sketch, XD)
- Experience of working closely with developers as well as UX specialists.
- Client facing experience, a confident communicator (especially when it comes to design rationale).
- Able to work in an autonomous role, self managing.
- Any graphic design experience or illustration experience beneficial.
- Motion graphics and interaction design experience desirable.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
In return for your experience you’ll join a business that’s carving out a dedicated design function. You’ll work as part of a very talented team of technical and UX specialists and have the opportunity to own and shape the creative output for the business. The business has a flat management structure so you’ll be free to operate without heirarchy, you’ll enjoy flexible benefits, good holiday and a free on-site gym.
Please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio to be considered.