Data Science Manager
— Widely respected UK Insurance firm
- Join a large Data Science team working on a wide variety of business problems.
- Lead on projects across multiple departments.
- Help mentor MSc and PhD students in this unique team.
Our client is one of the largest, longest standing, and well-respected UK Insurance companies they retain a professional and welcoming working culture. They have recently partnered with one of the UK's leading Red Brick Universities to build a Data Science team to support the application of Machine Learning across the business and are now looking for a Data Science Manager to join.
What you’ll be doing
You will join a centralised Data Science team within one of the largest financial services firms in the UK. They work across different departments on a range of business problems and projects from pricing to customer experience to digital transformation and automation. This team is unique in that it is run as a collaboration between the FS business and ones of the UK’s leading universities. From the start you’ll be responsible for managing a team looking driving the culture of the company, ensuring the data architecture and systems are in order as well as making use of their abundance of data to develop some exciting Data Science and Machine Learning solutions for their offering.
What experience you’ll need to apply
• BSc, MSc or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related subject.
• Solid experience using Python & SQL.
• Previous experience working in a client facing environment would be vital as you’ll be taking briefs, understanding requirements, problem solving and presenting insights and solutions back to them.
• Communication skills are key in this one as you’ll be dealing with internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis.
• Management or mentoring experience.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
A very competitive salary of up to £95,000 (depending on experience). On top of the salary, you'll get good remote working options, private medical care, a very generous discount on all insurance offerings and partnerships, time alloted for personal development and the opportunity for a sizable bonus predicated on personal performance. The working environment has many testimonials which highlight that it is a wonderful place to work, and is head and shoulders above many insurance/finance companies. Their staff retention rate is a good indicator of this.
Please get in touch with Adam with an up to date CV today. Don’t hesitate to call/email to discuss the finer details.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Market-Leading BusinessLocation:BournemouthSalary:Up to £40k
— Market-Leading BusinessLocation:South LondonSalary:Up to £45k
— Highly successful Data Science servicesLocation:LondonSalary:Very competitive with bonus