Lead Data Engineer
— Technology Firm
- Optimise Big Data platforms.
- Collaborate with data architects, lead data engineers.
- Challenge Head of Data Engineering on technical architecture.
This client is currently migrating Big Data platforms to utlise additional services. As a result, they require a Lead Data Engineer with experience in technical architecture and data strategy to optimise the platforms.
What you'll be doing
As the Lead Data Engineer, you will model, integrate and optimise scalable, cloud-based solutions. This position will require working with multiple Big Data Technologies.
You will support the design, roll-out and execution of the data strategy across the business. As the lead, you’ll mentor the team and work data teams to ensure that the data is integrated and accessible.
What experience you'll need to apply
- Solid ETL experience
- Python, Scala or Java development experience
- Cloud Data Platform experience (AWS, GCP, Azure or similar)
- CI/CD experience
- Experience of using either Spark, Hive, Hadoop, HDFS, Hydra preferred
- Experience of setting standards and supporting team members
What you'll get in return for your experience
A competitive salary with excellent bonus and benefits package. Grow with a leading company and have the potential to become the Head of Data Engineering.
Please get in touch with Scott with an up to date CV today. Don't hesitate to email/call to discuss the job in further detail.