Mid Weight UX & UI Designer
— Multi-platform Design For A Global User Base
- UX and UI design for a native mobile app, global website and internal systems.
- Collaborate with 3 other UX Designers.
- Work from research to visual design.
We’re helping a forward thinking UX team in Bristol find a Mid Weight UX & UI Designer. The team works in a high growth, high profile industry and their global user base demands both innovation and simplicity from their product. It’s a collaborative environment where the true value of good UX practice is understood and is being implemented across all of their digital products.
What you’ll be doing
There’s a lack of consistency across the businesses external digital platforms so you’ll collaborate with the wider UX & UI team to define the digital presence and digital visual language of the business.
With improvements to be made to the functionality, look and feel of the app and global site, you’ll be working from research to wireframe and prototype ideas and take UI visuals up to a finished standard. You’ll be expected to undertake usability testing (either remote or on site) to validate your work.
In order to inform your understanding of user journeys, user needs and task flows you’ll be expected to workshop with users regularly.
The business has a diverse, global user base so accessibility will need to be at the forefront of your mind and you’ll have some complex challenges to solve around localisation.
What experience you’ll need
- You’ll need to be passionate about the value good UX practice brings when designing digital products.
- You’ll have great visual design abilities and you’ll evidence these skills with the UI design work in your portfolio.
- You’ll have experience wireframing and prototyping.
- You’ll need to have some knowledge of user journey mapping, usability testing and workshopping.
- You’ll need at least a couple of years’ experience working in a UX or UI design role. This can be whilst freelance, for an agency or when working in-house for a single brand.
Sound like something you’re interested in? Apply today with your CV and some work examples and we’ll be in touch to go over the details.
Back to jobs