— AWS, Terraform, learn Kubernetes
- Join a world-class engineering team, international client base (ML, AI tech).
- Work with the latest tech - Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker etc.
- Training, career development, fantastic team working culture.
A cutting-edge analytics business using a combination of behavioural science and machine learning based in Bristol is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their expanding team which stretches across to the US. Currently around 20 in Bristol including 8 developers they are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer for the Bristol office. Their AWS infrastructure is very much in place - this is a chance to grow it in Bristol, help drive their cloud platform as the company continues its success and growth.
What experience you’ll need
- Previous experience in AWS based DevOps/Infrastructure.
- Understanding or experience of Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery processes and improvements.
- Configuration management, IaC principles.
- You will be very self-motivated with attention to detail.
- You must be able to communicate well with the extended engineering teams abroad.
- Any experience with Python would be a bonus.
- Passion for the latest trends in technologies and an interest in learning.
- Ideally you will be able to help grow a team in the future.
- Being proactive with networking events/meetups would be very helpful.
What you’ll be doing
They’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to help drive their current cloud platform infrastructure design, build, scale-out and operationalisation. They are currently using AWS but are evolving towards a cloud provider agnostic solution. They have a service orientated architecture that covers many functional areas such as workflow, messaging and complex data science workloads. They use infrastructure s code throughout and security engineering is paramount, you must understand the core fundamentals. As they are continuously evolving how they design and build platform apps there will be opportunities to develop new skills and introduce new technologies to the team. On a weekly basis you will be working closes with the development team and the extended team abroad. The company have agile processes; the team operates like a start-up rather than a corporate engineering organisation.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be based in nice central Bristol offices (remote for now and part-remote in the future), with one of the most talented and skilled teams in the area. The business is at the real forefront of what they do and so you’ll never have a boring day. You’ll get to interact with clients working for huge multinational corporations. This is a business that’s always looking to be cutting edge in what they do so on top of the work-related R&D time you’ll have, you’ll also be allotted time for personal projects. You will have the opportunity to progress and possibly grow a team, the chance to travel to abroad on the companies expense (this isn’t something that is required), you will be around data science/machine learning and always be learning.
If you like the sound of this one and want to know more or apply then get in touch with Mike (01179269530, email@example.com).
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Well-respected Global eCommerceLocation:LondonSalary:Up to £75,000
— Angular, TypeScript, NodeLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£40K - £45K (flexible for right person)
— Lifestyle apparel company¬†Location:LondonSalary:70000