DevOps Engineer (Senior or Lead)
— Flexible/Remote Working
- Global tech business with an exciting new digital hub.
- Progressive and adaptable technology exposure spread across multiple stacks.
- High-level creative solutions for global organisations and household names.
An internationally renowned technology giant recently landed in Bristol and is looking for a range of DevOps Engineers (at Senior or Lead/Manager level) to join their outstanding team. With plans to grow to 200 in the next 2 years, this opportunity will offer excellent scope for progression and a great chance to pick up a range of modern and emerging technology. Please note that the wider salary range is due to the business considering multiple levels of applicant.
What skills you’ll need
- Significant cloud technology experience, preferably with Amazon Web Services (AWS) but will also consider Google Cloud, MS Azure or Digital Ocean.
- Proven knowledge of CI/CD and containerisation (Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Excellent understanding of various configuration, build and automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Selenium, Terraform etc.)
- A passion for infrastructure-as-code would be advantageous.
- Linux/Windows system administration and scripting skills (Python, Bash).
- Experience of building, maintaining, monitoring & scaling web/cloud based platforms.
- Knowledge of at least one server-side language would be beneficial.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a new & talented team with scope for rapid growth, you’ll take responsibility for the build and delivery of various technical platforms across the company’s client base. This is a multi-disciplinary role with a primary focus on infrastructure automation and environment management, with the expectation that you will embed yourself into the wider team to act as an advocate for DevOps practices across any particular project/programme. You will be involved in regular release and deployments, constantly liaising with the Developers, Testers and Business Analysts to ensure that all systems are built to be maintainable and able to handle frequent change. There are opportunities available at more oversight/architectural level too where you'll still be hands-on but will be more involved in technical strategy.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
An incredible opportunity to work for a Times Top 50 Employer who’ve won awards for their flexibility in the work place. They are offering a competitive salary with outstanding long term progression, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (25 days), a discretionary bonus, healthy pension (matched up to 8%) and a flexible benefits scheme tailored to your preferences! This is a fantastic chance to be a key part of a growing technology team in stunning new offices designed to hold regular tech meetups, show and tells and drive innovation through their work.
To hear more about this great opportunity, send your CV to Joe or give us a call to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— Popular green-tech companyLocation:BristolSalary:£40K-£65K
— New team within an innovative divisionLocation:WiltshireSalary:Negotiable (Please ask)
— Rapid business growth & career progressionLocation:BristolSalary:£45K - £60K