— drive the adoption of modern DevOps tools and processes
- Relaxed studio atmosphere with flexi-time & encouraged remote working options.
- Shape the DevOps culture 7 drive the implementation of modern tech & tooling.
- Immersed in the industry with several hosted meet-ups (Women in Tech, Java SW, Scrum.org)
One of the UKs most established financial services company is looking for two Senior DevOps Engineers to join their digital studio in Central Bristol. The business operates across Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North America, serving almost 19 million customers Worldwide. Currently undergoing a large-scale digital transformation to modernise critical legacy systems you’ll play an integral role in driving the adoption of DevOps processes in a fast-paced and collaborative environment with a great atmosphere where remote working is encouraged.
What skills you’ll need
- A background in software development. Knowledge of a server side language such as Java would be beneficial.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and various deployment tools such as Teamcity.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure of Code concepts and tools such as Ansible, terraform, Chef or Puppet.
- Strong experience of complex systems such as UNIX/Linux systems, networking, databases and security.
- Background in eCommerce or customer focussed industries would be beneficial.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a digital studio of 100 strong you will be working within highly talented and dynamic Agile teams to help drive the modernisation of their critical platform as they move away from legacy systems to a micro-services environment. Playing an active role in every aspect of the software development life cycle your focus will be to help define and implement a DevOps way of working throughout the organisation. You’ll be responsible for supporting and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline by automating key workflows and delivery mechanisms to ensure the successful delivery of software. There’s a real knowledge-sharing and skill swapping culture in the studio so strong interpersonal skills will be key. This is a challenging role with a lot on offer; you’ll be well supported with excellent training and will be hands on from day one!
What you’ll get in return
On top of a generous salary (£38K - £53K), you’ll receive a highly competitive pension (10%), flexible and remote working options (remote working is encouraged!). The business is trying to build a relaxed but collaborative culture with casual attire around the office. Further, they really immerse themselves in the tech industry, hosting a number of meet-ups including Java SW, Women in Tech and Scrum.org, as well as their own code club where people can come in to demo things that they’re building. There’s team nights out, wellness days, games and of course, the all-important fully stocked beer/wine fridge! There are endless opportunities for progression and personal development and this is a very exciting time to be joining them.
If this sounds like your next role get in touch with Ellen now!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— Rapid team growth & career progressionLocation:BristolSalary:£45K - £55K
— awesome product, 3 days remoteLocation:BathSalary:£45K - £55K
— Financial ServicesLocation:BournemouthType:Salary:Up to £500 p/day