— award-winning cloud product
- Huge autonomy over role, choose your tech & tools..
- Fast-growing business, expanding client base, award-winning platform.
- 3 days remote working, start-up culture, collaborative teams.
An exciting Bristol-based tech business is looking for their first DevOps Engineer to implement their DevOps strategy and help deliver their already established and highly successful platform to their ever-expanding client base. The business is doing incredibly well, having recently moved their product to the cloud and more than tripling their team over lockdown it’s a really exciting time to be joining them on their journey. You’ll be joining them on a fully remote basis initially with the view to be in the office 2 days a week once restrictions lift.
What you’ll need
- Proven experience with AWS and its ecosystem (EC2, RDS, Lambda etc.).
- Ability to manage Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform or CloudFormation).
- Ability to create and manage CI/CD pipelines, as well as automating release/deployment processes.
- Understanding of various monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana etc.
- Knowledge of containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes or similar).
- Advocate for automation and scalability.
- Database experience (SQL, MySQL etc.)
- Ability with various tools for automation, load and performance testing.
- Ideally you’ll have some coding experience though you won’t need to code much, a Sysadmin background is fine.
What you’ll be doing
As their first DevOps hire, your primary focus will be to consult others on best practice surrounding software delivery, working closely with the developers to put a DevOps strategy in place before implementing it. This will involve automating build & deployment processes, introducing modern tooling for CI/CD processes and creating/maintaining these pipelines moving forward. They’ve just moved their product to the cloud and are picking up a lot of new clients so there’s a big focus on scalability and automation, plus performance of the wider platform. They don’t have much of a structure in place for systems logging/monitoring so you will take ownership of setting that up, ideally using Cloudwatch but they'll give you the control over tech. You'll also be responsible for maintaining their IaC which currently uses CloudFormation. They will give you a lot of autonomy and control over the tech you use. You'll have the chance to learn about InfoSec too.
What you’ll get in return
On top of a salary of up to £60K you will joining a fast-paced, dynamic yet relaxed environment with a company culture which is second-to-none. You will receive a generous benefits fund to tailor your benefits package to suit you on top of a number of voluntary benefits such as cycle to work scheme & give as you earn, a competitive pension scheme, 27 days annual leave including your birthday off, wellness programmes and more.
Sound good? Get in touch with Joe now!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Working on an exciting digital transformation project.Location:LondonSalary:up to £80,000 DOE
— Get your SC Clearance!Location:TewkesburySalary:£40K - £45K (potential flex)
— Become a manager!Location:BristolSalary:£20K - £25K