Digital Development Manager
— awesome charity, exciting digital transformation
- Hands on leadership role, autonomy over work with minimal red tape.
- Large scale digital transformation project, work with machine learning.
- Excellent scope for progression into Enterprise architect role.
A highly reputable not-for-profit in North Bristol is looking for a hands-on Digital Development Manager to help drive their digital transformation forward. Operating for nearly 40 years they now support over 600,000 customers and their families by offering affordable transportation solutions. You’ll be working closely with internal stakeholders & external development teams to oversee the success of the businesses technical capability.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven background in software development using .Net, C#. Exposure to Java or React would be advantageous.
- Strong leadership skills & an ability to manage external resource/agencies.
- Excellent knowledge of both Agile & Waterfall methodologies.
- Good working knowledge of cloud based technologies, preferably Azure.
- Previous experience in a product role or leading scrum teams would be beneficial.
What you’ll be doing
As the Digital Development Manager your focus will be to grow the digital capability of the business, driving the development of their core website, which transacts over £2bn a year, and its supporting cloud based & legacy systems. Further, you’ll be responsible for the successful delivery of their marketing automation programme, working closely with the onsite developer & external agencies to ensure they are delivering technically and be on-hand to develop any product backlog. This is a fully empowered role where you will be wearing many hats and you’ll have full autonomy over the budget and be a key decision maker in major business decisions such as whether to move to a Java/React environment for example. Continuous delivery & improvement will be at the heart of everything you do, ensuring development best practises are adhered to both internally and by the external resource teams. You will act as the central point of contact for any system related issues, so excellent communication & stakeholder management skills are a must.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
On top of a salary of up to £60K, you’ll have access to a bonus of c22% (depending on performance), generous pension, excellent private medical, free onsite parking and much more. Further, you’ll have the opportunity to work for a highly regarded charity with strong retention and genuine career progression opportunities.
Sound good? Send you CV to Ellen now for immediate consideration!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— Middleware Developer - Mulesoft, Mule ESBLocation:CroydonSalary:£45000 - £60000
— In App PurchasesLocation:BathType:Salary:Up to £350 p/day
— Market leading security platformLocation:BristolSalary:£40K-£60K