You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Digital Product Designer
— Tools & Systems Design
- Play a lead product design role within an exciting start-up environment.
- Work with a highly driven team but one that strikes a good work / life balance.
- Enjoy a sociable atmosphere, the buzz of a growing team and the security of a well-funded start-up.
*This employer is set up for remote onboarding and continuing recruitment as normal
We’re looking for a Digital Product Designer to join a Bristol based start-up. Part of a wider team of design specialists this role will focus on creating internal tools and systems including a CMS and data management tool; it’s all about making access to data and complex information simple; a problem solvers dream!
What you’ll be doing
As a Digital Product Designer within a start-up you’ll play a multi-faceted role that encompasses research, testing, prototyping and high-fidelity design. You won’t need to be an expert in each area, but you will need a breadth of experience that touches on all parts of the product design lifecycle. Most importantly you’ll need to be a design thinker rather than just focussed on the visuals and keen to test with your users.
For this particular role we’re looking for someone that’s interested in data, creating systems and making sense of complex information. You’ll be enabling the growth of the customer facing product and ensuring the tools and systems being used are scalable and work for everyone in the team.
The product is still in its infancy in many ways but over the last couple of years its users have skyrocketed. The team is always looking for more creative ways to connect people all over with one another, to talk about their passions and creations, to learn and to share. This is a great opportunity for creative and entrepreneurial designers to work with one of the really exciting Bristol based product teams.
What experience you’ll need
- Proven experience in digital product design and exposure to the whole product design lifecycle.
- A good visual designer but driven and fascinated by your users; keen to research, learn, test and iterate every step of the way.
- Experience of working on complex systems or data management tools.
- Experience with modern design tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, XD etc).
- Ideally have worked in cross functional agile teams in the past.
- Comfortable working at pace and within a changing environment.
- Experience of creating and optimising content management systems beneficial.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
In return for your experience you’ll join a start-up team that’s well funded, growing at pace and has an established product offering. The business prides itself on striking a good work / life balance so you’ll be part of a hard-working team but a group of people that recognise burnout isn’t good for productivity or culture. You’ll receive a competitive salary and a number of other financial and lifestyle benefits.
To be considered please apply with an up to date CV and portfolio of relevant web or native app projects. If you’re still working on the portfolio that’s fine too, get in touch to express your interest and we can discuss.
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in:
— User Research, UX, Mobile AppsLocation:Bristol + RemoteType:Salary:Up to £350 p/dayRapidly Growing Company. Remote/Bristol. Up to £350 p/day. 3 Month initial contract opportunity, for a UX Designer to work with a company that is seeing a huge increase in demand for their products. What you'll be doing Working for an innovative company, based between your home office & their Bristol office depending on UK lockdown restrictions. What experience you'll need to apply for this role User Research (Expert). UX Designer (Expert). Mobile Apps (Desirable). What you'll get in return for your experience The daily rate is up to £350 p/day, however, all quotes from suitable candidates will be considered. What's next? Please apply with your most up-to-date CV and I will be in touch to discuss further.