Digital QA Lead
— Integrate new & emerging technology
- Award-winning international retailer.
- Social culture, flat structure with lots of autonomy.
- Brand-new function with scope to grow a team around you.
A family-owned international retailer is looking for a Digital QA Lead to join their fast-growing team in Central Bristol. They’re a tight-knit business with ethical values, now operating in five mainland European countries as a major worldwide leader within their market. With a turnover of £400m+ and countless accolades including the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, the business are in growth mode at the moment with plans to build a brand-new testing function within their eCommerce team.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven experience as a hands-on QA/Test Lead, preferably in an eCommerce environment though this isn’t essential.
- Working knowledge of manual & automated testing using at least one of the following: Selenium, Cucumber, Fitnesse, Specflow.
- Ability to build test strategies from scratch, as well as expertise in TDD/BDD principles, unit testing and configuration management.
- Expertise in testing eCommerce websites would be highly beneficial though not essential.
- Significant understanding of Agile methodologies & continuous integration. Awareness of JIRA is useful too.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic & changeable environment where adaptation is key.
What you’ll be doing
The business doesn’t have a massive testing environment so the aim is to set up a brand-new testing function within the eCommerce team, with scope to grow a team around you. It’s expected that you’ll build the testing strategy from scratch, taking ownership of test environment provision and driving Agile best practices across the team. You will advocate continuous integration, introduce TDD/BDD and unit testing to more junior employees as well as offering expertise in configuration. The main aspect of this role is to look after the business’ range of eCommerce websites so any previous experience in a similar environment would be beneficial. Initially this role will be very hands-on but will evolve into more of an oversight position as the team expands around you. At this point you will take on line management responsibilities, mentoring other team members and creating a trusted delivery capability moving forwards. You will also play an integral part in keeping up to date with, and suggesting new and effective testing approaches and tools to bring into the company.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
A competitive salary (up to £50K) with a stream of benefits, including 25 days holiday, discretionary profit share scheme, auto-enrolment pension, childcare vouchers, death in service (x3), cycle to work scheme and parking on site. Core hours are 8:30-5pm but flexi-time is okay, and they are in the process of implementing a new remote working policy as well.
Sound like the right role for you? Send your CV to Joe or give us a call to have a chat.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Testing & Quality Assurance jobsSearch all jobs
— Web/Apps/Mobile | Not-for-Profit SpaceLocation:BristolSalary:£23K-£30K
— Agile & Innovative Tech EnvironmentLocation:BristolSalary:Competitive
— Rapid business growth & career progressionLocation:BristolSalary:£40K - £50K