Head of Marketplaces
— Marketplaces - Scale Up
- Lead Marketplace and Category Management Strategy.
- One of the Most Exciting Businesses in Bristol!
- Competitive salary and great benefits.
An extremely successful and well-funded Mobile App based business with significant financial backing and a mission of greening the planet is looking for a unique individual to join their new Marketplace division as Head of Category Management.
This impressive App has grown and is now centred around a new Marketplace function. There is a huge untapped market out there, and demand has grown exponentially due to COVID, so now is the time to accelerate the growth strategy. With a stunning App already built, it will be your role to take ownership of the Marketplace P&L and all that comes with this.
What you’ll be doing
This role calls for an experienced and collaborative leader to own and execute the commercial Marketplace strategy across category selection, seller acquisition, pricing, inventory, promotions and more, with the view of scaling the function at pace. You’ll work in tandem with the Head of Marketing to drive the best on-site experience possible, whilst developing and maintaining strong supplier relationships and providing an expert perspective on specific categories. It goes without saying that you’ll be an expert in analysing and utilising data in order to understand if specific strategies and tactics are delivering the intended results, and consistently adapting strategies accordingly.
You’ll have multiple teams reporting into you, across Seller Management, Delivery Experience and Supply Chain, so strong leadership skills will be of the utmost importance here.
What experience you’ll need
- You will be knowledgeable and passionate about marketplaces and eCcommerce.
- Expert understanding of buying, merchandising, or category management in retail or consumer products industry.
- Extensive experience in managing P&L and marketplace strategy.
- Proven track record leading a high performing team.
- Entrepreneurial mentality and highly motivated to drive performance.
- First-rate communicator confident influencing and negotiating with stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to drive recommendations for improvements/optimization.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
With the significant financial backing of a single investor, you will have all the tools and budget required to make this a huge success. You will receive a competitive salary (up to £70k, dependent on experience), 25 days holiday, flexible working hours, a beautiful working environment, and an incredible team to help deliver results.
You’ll be a part of a forward-thinking, collaborative team with very exciting growth plans. This business is really going places!
For more information please contact Hannah at ADLIB.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Financial Services OrganisationLocation:BathSalary:£30K - £40K
— Established eCommerce AgencyLocation:WiltshireSalary:Competitive
— Specialist Marketing AgencyLocation:Bath / Part-remoteSalary:£25-35k (DOE)