Front-End Developer (React/Redux)
— brand-new digital platform
- Relaxed studio atmosphere with flexi-time & encouraged remote working options.
- Immersed in the industry with several hosted meet-ups (Women in Tech, Java SW, Scrum.org)
One of the UKs most established financial services company is looking for a Front-End Developer to join their digital studio in Central Bristol. The business operates across Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North America, serving almost 19 million customers Worldwide. The Bristol technical team is c70 strong and you’ll be joining a relaxed but collaborative environment where remote working is encouraged.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven experience in Front-End Development, preferably with micro-services & single page applications (SPAs).
- A working knowledge of Webpack is highly desirable.
- Exposure to a range of code, build & deployment tools (Git, TeamCity, Ant, Stash, JIRA etc.)
- An understanding of Agile development principles.
- Understanding of UX design principles as well as accessibility & usability standards would be a bonus.
- Any knowledge of AWS Lambda or unit testing with Enzyme would be highly beneficial.
What you’ll be doing
Working in a 100 strong digital studio, you'll be working on a brand new digital banking platform for commercial and private banking customers. You’ll be providing expert front-end development and UI design across the businesses digital solutions, building single page applications using React/Redux and receiving JSON data from the REST APIs and presenting them to React. The scrum teams vary in size depending on the project at hand, but the typical team is made up of 2-4 front-end developers and the same on the back-end. You will be expected to contribute to existing projects, building new features, improving code quality, ensuring that digital project delivery is kept in mind. Though there is variety, a lot of the projects are centred around client product development and legacy system migrations so there is plenty to get involved with!
What you’ll get in return for your experience
On top of a generous salary (£40K - £55K), the business is trying to build a relaxed but collaborative culture with casual attire around the office. You also get a 25% allowance on your salary which can either be taken as cash or to tailor your benefits package to suit your own personal needs. They really immerse themselves in the tech industry, hosting a number of meet-ups including Java SW, Women in Tech and Scrum.org, as well as their own code club where people can come in to demo things that they’re building. There’s team nights out, wellness days, games and of course, the all-important fully stocked beer/wine fridge! There are endless opportunities for progression and personal development and this is a very exciting time to be joining them.
This is a really exciting opportunity so if you’d like to hear more, email your CV to Ellen (01179 269 530) now!