— Entertainment sector, PHP, Sites, Apps, Games etc
- World renowned digital/entertainment business.
- Website, application, games development; real project variety.
- Progressive, sociable and supportive team with R&D focus.
One of Bristol’s most loved and award-winning digital specialists is looking for a talented Web Developer to join their super-talented team. Working across websites, games, apps and more this is a fantastic opportunity to strengthen your skills in back and front-end development with one of the best in the business.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Strong PHP and MySQL development experience.
- WordPress or Drupal CMS theme and module customisation.
- LAMP server administration knowledge.
- Able to work well with design/creative teams in an Agile set-up.
- Within the role you’ll be able to pick up skills with the following, knowledge of any gets you bonus points: Node.js and NPM, Grunt/Gulp, AWS, Jira, React/Vue/Angular, TypeScript, Nginx, Backbone.js, Cordova, Photoshop, Jenkins/Bamboo and HTML5 games tech Phaser and Pixi.js.
What you’ll be doing
With a back-end lean, this role will enable you to work on all aspects of web development bettering your skills across a large range of tech. You’ll be maintaining and improving existing websites and working with the design team to help bring their creations to life. Alongside the tech lead, you’ll be able to recommend tech, analyse needs and produce specifications for new products as well as helping to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget. On occasion they might ask you to maintain servers and their hosting environments as well as maybe getting involved in web and mobile games development (HTML5, Unity 3D).
What you’ll get in return for your talents
They’re offering a unique opportunity to work on a really wide range of products here for some massive names. You’ll be improving your tech skills and picking up a whole bunch of highly sought after new ones. On top of this there’s a competitive salary (£26-32K), very generous pension, private health, cycle to work, free parking, subsidised lunch and more VR/gadgets to play with than you can handle. Everybody gets a structured career progression/training plan and the time to experiment with new tech.
Sound amazing? Send in your CV Now for immediate consideration to Mike (01179269530)Back to jobs