— Blockchain/greenfield projects, new office
- Get experience of leadership and progress your role.
- Popular programming languages - Ruby, Golang Node, PHP, Python, React.
- Work with some brilliant start-up clients.
A hugely popular and well respected digital studio in Central Bristol is moving into a bigger office to continue their growth plans. They create SaaS and mobile applications for some very innovative start-ups within tech for good, art, blockchain and much more. They are now actively hiring for another back-end developer to join the team of 14 developers to work on their exciting projects which you will get the chance to run yourself.
What experience you'll need
- Proficient programming experience in either Ruby, PHP, Python or Golang.
- You will have worked with or want to work with React/React Native.
- Bonus points for AWS, Ansible or Docker.
- Any interest in blockchain will go a long way.
- HTML, CSS, SaSS etc.
- It would be an advantage if youve worked at a SaaS company before.
- If you've used Git, Grunt, Gulp, Webpack then that will help you hit the ground running.
- Ability and interest to be flexible with technologies, you must be a polyglot.
- Good communication skills to be able to speak with/meet clients.
- Ideally you will have led projects in the past but this is not essential.
What you'll be doing
Joining their team of coders, creatives and entrepreneurs you will be taking on a leadership role within small teams where you will hit the ground running and deliver quality work. The teams usually split up into 3 people per project so you will be expected to lead the development on that project but not manage the developers; you will be seen as a bit of a mentor and someone who can stand on their own two feet if needed. You will be provided with plenty of support in the role and you will always have the chance to learn any leadership skills along the way. As you will be an experienced developer you will be able to feel comfortable writing clean code that matches up to the other devs in the company, if youve got Python and PHP but no experience with Ruby and Node then you will be tasked to upskill these areas, whether thats learning from other developers or taking small training courses on your laptop. If you see projects you like and want to be involved you must speak up, explain why you would suit it and what interests you about it, you must be active and passionate. The team work in an agile way with small sprints every couple of months, you must adapt to different length tasks.
What you'll get in return for your talents
You will not only be working for one of the top digital companies in the South West Digital, you will get to work with the latest and greatest technologies supporting some amazing start-ups through their technical growth. On offer is 25 days holiday, flexible working hours, lots of socials and working with talented developers you will learn from. The team have amazing staff retention and the developers absolutely love projects.
If youd like to apply or find out more just give George a shout ([email protected]; 01179269530).
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
— Exciting tech, Node.jsLocation:BathSalary:£30k to £50k
— 3 month contract, possible extensionLocation:BristolSalary:£350-£450/day
— 3 month contract, possible extensionLocation:BristolSalary:£400-£500/day