Full-Stack Software Developer
— L&D culture, flexi-working
- Highly successful cybersecurity SaaS business.
- Opportunity to work with or upskill in OO PHP, Vue, React, Node.
- Opportunities for future progression supported by L&D budget, conferences & events.
A cyber security business in north Bristol is looking for a junior-mid-level Web Developer to join their expanding R&D web services team. The business is around 80 strong, 7 of which are in Bristol, with locations across the UK and abroad. The company’s core product focusses on a single cloud-based solution for all security needs covering web, apps, email, user authentication and more. They are hugely successful already, with 1.5 million + users worldwide and growing. This is the chance to join at a key point in the R&D teams growth plans throughout 2020 and beyond.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Experience in Object Orientated PHP development.
- Exposure to MVC, ideally with a modern framework (Laravel, Symfony, Zend, etc.) but they are open to those experienced with older frameworks that want to learn new skills (they use Laravel).
- Exposure to modern JS frameworks especially VueJS or React.
- SQL query development experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.).
- Understanding of TDD (PHPUnit).
- Knowledge of working in virtualised environments, ideally using Vagrant.
- Experience working in Linux environments.
- Also any skills or knowledge of Gerrit, Jenkins, AWS, Azure, Google Compute, Docker or any knowledge of big data and/or analytics would all be bonuses.
- Previous experience working with cloud or SaaS products would be perfect.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working within the R&D department, based in Bristol. The role itself will involve a variety of different projects using different tech, including the development of entirely new functionality and components within the platform. Dependent on what tech you’ve been working with before, your role could include picking up new skills such as working with Laravel and Node.js. As part of the R&D team, you’ll need to focus on remaining agile and dynamic at all times, whilst maintaining assured quality levels.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is the chance to join a highly successful, global, cybersecurity focussed SaaS business. You’ll be part of a team that’s on the company’s cutting edge, with the chance to play with new tech and test new ideas. To support this you are encouraged to attend industry events/conferences and have an L&D budget available to help you upskill into new tech and constantly improve your skills and industry knowledge. You’ll be offered a competitive salary, as well as share options after 6 months (topped up annually), free parking at a modern office offering free drinks from the in-house café Friska. Flexitime, ability to work from home, a sociable and enjoyable working environment with regular team socials and an annual company away event. Plus 24 days holiday plus your birthday off, pension, healthcare and as the team grows, there will be future opportunities for progression within the business too.
Want to be considered? Send in your CV Now to Sarah@adlib-recruitment.co.uk or call in for a chat 01179269530.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— Innovative, progressive, seriously talentedLocation:BathSalary:£35K-£55K
— Remote Working OptionsLocation:WiltshireSalary:up to £500 p/day
— 3 Months Initial - Remote Working OptionsLocation:WiltshireSalary:Up to £400 p/day