Head of Commercial
— Commercial Lead for a sustainable agriculture start-up
- Innovative Agri-tech Start-up.
- Pioneering sustainable agriculture techniques with future sector growth in-mind.
- An opportunity to make a significant impact to future food systems internationally.
Working in central Bristol, you would be part of an ambitious and purpose-driven team who work within the sustainable agriculture sector. You will be a senior manager leading commercial operations within the horticulture sector, planning commercial strategies for new business development.
What you'll be doing:
- Integral member of the senior management team, including meetings, provision of logistical information and contributing to high-level business decisions. You will work closely with both the founding team and the Board.
- Manage a commercial team within the sustainable agriculture sector, leading, implementing, and developing commercial strategy in-line with core business values whilst meeting performance targets.
- You will lead the launch of new innovative hardware and software products.
- Develop measures that track commercial performance and ascertain ways to improve upon this. You will develop mechanisms that drive accountability and improve upon internal processes within the commercial side of the business.
- Explore commercial opportunities within the sustainable agriculture sector and advise on new markets to infiltrate nationwide and internationally.
- Maintain and develop key industry relationships.
What experience you’ll need to apply?
- Senior team management with proven experience of growing and supporting a high-performance team.
- Very experienced in leading and expanding commercial operations, with a desire to work in high-level sales.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Marketing, Business Development and/or B2B sales experience.
- A deep understanding of the commercial journey from product development to testing viable markets and the ability to fulfil product demand.
- Keen to be an empathetic team leader who supports their team at each stage of the commercial journey.
- Experience working within the agriculture/horticulture/food technology sector.
- Desirable: Experience in the Greenhouse sector.
What you’ll get in return for your experience:
You will get to work in a fast-paced, and environmentally conscious start-up in central Bristol. Hybrid and remote working options available. Your office space will be a world-class horticultural research facility with a casual and open feel. Working within a team of ambitious and impact-driven team who are responsible, caring, and focused on sustainability. Competitive salary benefits (pension contribution, 33 days holiday, cycle to work scheme, and more).
Diversity and Inclusion:
The company fully promotes diversity and inclusion. All candidates from a range of backgrounds should be encouraged to apply.
For more information or to apply, apply directly to this advert to speak with Imogen Turner.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Ambitious FinTechLocation:Bristol/ hybrid, UKSalary:£40-50k + bonus
— Leading Law FirmLocation:Bristol/ hybrid, UKSalary:competitive
— Start-Up Marketing AgencyLocation:Bristol, UKSalary:£25k - £30k