Head of QA
— Progressive, Innovative, Latest Tech
- Look after and shape an incredibly innovative team.
- Progressive digital products, amazing client base.
- R&D, training/conference budget, hacks and more.
What skills you'll be needing
- Have an excellent understanding of testing principles and methodologies.
- Comfortable carrying out both manual and automated UI and API testing.
- Using automated testing tools (e.g., Selenium, Cypress).
- Excellent understanding of security best practice and approaches to testing, in line with industry standards and guidelines (e.g., NCSC, OWASP).
- Good understanding of accessibility and SEO guidelines and best practice.
- Good understanding of contemporary software architecture approaches.
- Experience of testing within an Agile delivery team.
- Performance/Load testing tools (e.g., JMeter).
- Mobile Application Testing.
What you'll be doing
You’ll shape, build and maintain a high performing QA team within the engineering department as well as line manage the QA team including regular 1 to 1s, development plans, objective setting and annual appraisals. Proactively define and drive forward new initiatives to improving their ways of working and processes. You’ll oversee the overall planning, estimation, preparation and testing of all projects in line with their standards, processes and industry best practice, working collaboratively with the project teams. You’ll also be; mentoring other members of the QA team, exploring and encouraging the use of cutting-edge technology, communicating complex scenarios and outcomes to both technical and non-technical audiences, solving interesting problems of all shapes and sizes and working effectively in a multi-supplier environment.
What you'll get in return for your talents
If you’re looking for variety of work then look no further, with a mixing of testing simple well-crafted solutions to complex, technical automation. Salary up to £60K DOE bens. Within the team they take part in regular R&D time (half a day per week) building new products and learning new techniques as a group; many of the team have attended international tech conferences and gained certifications. A training budget, pension, healthcare, long Christmas shutdown (2 weeks), Friday beers/takeaway, powerful kit and a programme of fun socials/trips.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV to Tareek now for more info.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— 6-Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + BathType:Salary:Up to £425 p/day
— Be a leader!Location:BristolSalary:£40K - £50K
— B-corp certified food tech businessLocation:LondonSalary:85,000