Infrastructure Automation Engineer
— Autonomy & control over technical strategy
- FTSE 250 organisation.
- Modern offices in the heart of Bristol complete with pool tables and ping pong!
- Outstanding team, collaboration, key development & progression opportunities.
A FTSE 250 business with new offices in the heart of Bristol, are looking for an Infrastructure Automation Engineer to support with them in adopting a “DevOps” culture. There is a team of 4 currently with good scope to grow; they're looking for a self-starter with good methodology knowledge, a willingness to pick up new tech and a driven mentality to their work.
What skills you'll need
- Extensive infrastructure background with an awareness of on-prem solutions (SAN/Networking/VMs/Security).
- Proven experience in driving automation best practices, using things like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Understanding of cloud hosting in Azure/AWS within an Enterprise environment.
- Scripting expertise; Bash, Ruby, Python or similar.
- Ability to advocate a “DevOps” style; release/deployment automation and continuous integration.
- Self-starting, proven project delivery experience with a keen willingness to learn new DevOps/Infrastructure technologies.
- A high calibre of methodology knowledge (ITIL), approach assessment and a driven mentality.
What you’ll be doing
Working alongside 3 other Infrastructure Engineers and reporting into the Infrastructure Manager, you will take ownership of automation strategy in an Enterprise environment, advocating for DevOps best practices and introducing new automation tools into the business to support this. You’ll be managing & configuring a Linux based infrastructure, working Agile to support the team in modernising current on-prem solutions which will in turn help drive continuous improvement across the business. There is an “on-call” aspect to this role, which is once every five weeks, in which you’d be paid time & a half (must be willing to travel as required).
What you’ll get in return for your experience
An incredible opportunity to work for a FTSE 250 organisation with a generous salary with long term progression, allocated training and development budgets, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (25 days), flexi-time, annual bonus (up to 10%) plus amazing discounts at a range of restaurants/retailers. The business earned an award for Investors in People (Gold) so they really know how to look after their employees! Above all, you’ll be in a role with real job satisfaction and the autonomy to evaluate, select and suggest new ideas that will be highly valued.
Sound like the role for you? Send your profile to Joe or give us a call to find out more!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— Central BristolLocation:BristolSalary:Up to £350 p/day
— Java, Scala, Python, C#, Ruby, GroovyLocation:BristolSalary:£45K - £75K
— Bristol + Remote Working OptionsLocation:BristolSalary:Up to £450 p/day