Lead Data Engineer
— Innovative Green Technology firm
- Exciting time to join a Leading Green Energy firm.
- Data driven vision for the company.
- Progression to become Head of Data Engineering.
This firm are upgrading from a legacy to cloud-based infrastructure which requires changing the way they manage their data. They understand the value that data provides in informing their decision making and service/product development. As a result, they need a leading Data Engineer with experience in data architecture and data strategy to drive the organisation forward as part of their strategic vision. As the company is expanding, this type of role provides progression to become the Head of Data Engineering.
- Python development experience
- Experience of developing big data solutions
- Experience of a messaging broker platform such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, ZeroMQ, Flume, Flink, Kinesis, Splunk
- Experience of using either Spark, BigQuery, Hadoop, Hydra, HDFS, Hive
- Data warehouse development experience
- Proven experience in Cloud Data Platform services (GCP, AWS, Azure or Oracle)
- Mentorship/Team Development/Lead Engineer experience