Senior Data Engineer
— Leading Green Technology Business
Salary: Up to £75K base
- Great time to join a Leading Green Energy firm.
- Data-driven strategy.
- Progression opportunities to become Head of Data Engineering.
Our client is moving from a legacy to a cloud-based environment which requires changing the way they process their data. They are a data-driven organisation, it guides their strategic decision-making and service/product development. As a result, they need a Senior Data Engineer with experience in data architecture and data strategy to drive the organisation forward. The company is expanding so this type of role provides progression to become the Head of Data Engineering.
What you’ll be doing
As the Senior Data Engineer, you will be influential in supporting the migration from a legacy platform to a modern, scalable cloud-based, real-time streaming data infrastructure. This position will require working with a combination of small and Big Data Technologies.
You will support the design, roll-out and execution of the data strategy across various business units. You will collaborate with other engineering and data teams to ensure that the data is integrated and accessible.
This role requires a range of Data Engineering activities including; prototype development, ETL pipelines, architecture, process automation, data strategy and more.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Solid ETL pipeline experience
- Python, Scala or Java development experience
- Experience of working on Big Data solutions
- Messaging broker platform such as Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ or similar
- Experience of using either Spark, BigQuery, Hive, Hadoop, HDFS, Hydra
- Cloud Data Platform service migration or maintenance (AWS, GCP, Azure or Oracle)
What you’ll get in return for your experience
A competitive salary with excellent bonuses and benefits package. Grow with a leading company and have the potential to become the Head of Data Engineering.
Please get in touch with Scott with an up to date CV today. Don’t hesitate to call/email to discuss the job in further detail.Back to jobs