— Amazing Gaming and Robotics Company
Salary: 30000 - 50000
- Excellent opportunity to join a fast paced gaming and robotics company
- Be the primary Data Engineer working on a modern tech stack
- Design and build a future proof scalable cloud based data infrastructure
An amazing gaming and robotics company is in scale up mode. With their products seeing record sales and soon to be open to new markets, they need to build a scalable cloud based big data set up to capture all of the data coming in to the company from marketing, sales, product, usage and more.
With the company's ambitious growth plans they need a data set up to match, so they are looking for an experienced Data Engineer with a love of gaming to join them.
What you’ll be doing
Working directly for the Head of Web and Infrastructure, the Data Engineer will come on board and will need to quickly identify all data sources and work with the business to understand what data is needed, where and when. Then they will need to support the design and build of the data pipelines, reporting and dashboards so the firm can keep track of all data coming in to the company.
This will need to be built on top of an AWS set up with the idea that scalable big data practices are used to futureproof the data set up at the company.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Exposure to Big Data Infrastructure, i.e. some or all of Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, Google BigQuery, Spark, Kafka
- Excellent SQL development skills
- Experience of working with NoSQL databases, i.e. MongoDB/CoucheDB/Cassandra/Postgres NoSQL/HBase
- Experience of working with Data Warehouses
- Understanding of ETL processes
What you’ll get in return for your experience
A competitive base salary of between £35K to £50K (dependent on experience) plus a great benefits package including share options
Amazing office and working environment in Bristol.
Please get in touch with Alex with an up to date CV today. Don’t hesitate to call / email to discuss the finer details.Back to jobs