IT Support Engineer
— Multi award-winning digital specialists
- Windows, Linux, Mac with PHP/Python coding.
- Progressive, sociable and supportive team with R&D focus.
- World renowned digital entertainment business.
One of Bristol’s most loved and award-winning digital specialists is looking for a both technical and creative IT Support Engineer to join their super-talented team. With a variety of responsibilities including desktop and server support, network support, hardware builds and web develoment this is a fantastic opportunity to strengthen your technical skills in a creative space, with one of the best in the business.
What skills you'll be needing
- Experience in an IT Support role.
- Windows (Windows 7, 10 and server 2008 onwards, Linux (CentOS/Red hat) and MAC System administration experience desired.
- Hands on experience of PC software and hardware builds.
- Ideally experience of Active Directory administration and Group Policies.
- TCP/IP, DHCP, SSH, LAMP stack and SMB configuration.
- Knowledge of back-up procedures and recovery protocols.
- Coding experience with either of Python or PHP.
- Exposure to database systems such as MySQL.
What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities will include ensuring the studio technical infrastructure is maintained to the high standard required for the smooth running of productions (including production critical in-house digital image transcoding pipeline). You’ll be working with coders, editorial staff and other users on the development and running of those systems. As well as monitoring system usage (storage/disk space, processing power, etc), you’ll also need to ensure the daily backup and security of data is maintained. You’ll be developing and maintaining full documentation for all Studio, Editorial and VFX computer systems as well as being able to openly exchange ideas, techniques and procedures to enhance the creative process. Support/troubleshoot any routine problems, software and hardware based as well as being able to oversee installation, maintenance and upgrading of hardware and software (including video projection systems). They invisage this role to roughy 80% support and 20% coding/development. If you have commercial or non commercial web development skills, they'd be very keen to hear from you.
What you'll get in return for your talents
They’re offering a unique opportunity to use varied skills in a really important role within the company. You’ll have technical experience as well as coming from a creative background. On top of this there’s a competitive salary (up to 30K), very generous pension, private health, cycle to work, free parking, subsidised lunch and more VR/gadgets to play with than you can handle. Everybody gets a structured career progression/training plan and the time to experiment with new tech.
Sound like the one for you? Send in your CV to Tareek right away (01179269530 firstname.lastname@example.org)
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— React.js, Cyber SecurityLocation:BristolSalary:£35K-£50K
— Ongoing transformationLocation:BristolSalary:£40K - £45K (potential flex)
— Fast-Growing Product Specialist, RemoteLocation:RemoteSalary:£60K-£72K