— flexible hours and remote working
- Relaxed studio atmosphere with flexi-time & encouraged remote working options.
- Immersed in the industry with several hosted meet-ups (Women in Tech, Java SW, Scrum.org)
- Regular social events and coding demonstrations
One of the UK’s most established financial services company are looking for Java Developers to join their digital studio in Central Bristol. The business operates across Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North America, serving almost 19 million customers Worldwide. The Bristol technical team is c70 strong with an aim to reduce their reliance on temporary resource by hiring a number of permanent members to the team. Please note that the wider salary range is due to candidates being considered at multiple levels of experience.
What experience you’ll need
- Proven experience of Java/J2EE and have an excellent understanding of Agile principles.
- Experience working with Spring/Hibernate frameworks.
- A working knowledge of SOAP and REST, Microservices and SPA architecture.
- Exposure to a variety of different code management, build and deployment tools, such as Maven, JIRA, Stash, Git, Ant, DART, TeamCity and Artefactory. Any understanding of continuous integration with Jenkins would be advantageous.
What you’ll be doing
Sitting within Digital Project Scrum teams, you will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of digital projects, providing back-end design and development expertise in the delivery of Digital solutions for company customers. You will be responsible for developing the back-end code, ensuring effective integration with existing company platforms and systems. You will be working across the various Digital project teams, helping to define frameworks and taking part in coding reviews to ensure coding standards are continuously met and that code is re-usable wherever possible. Further, you will be taking part in building and deployment activities as required, working collaboratively with other teams to resolve any technical issues.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
On top of a generous salary (£32K - £45K), the business is trying to build a relaxed but collaborative culture with casual attire around the office and a brand-new digital studio to work your magic in. You also get a 25% allowance on your salary which can either be taken as cash or to tailor your benefits package to suit your own personal needs! They really immerse themselves in the tech industry, hosting a number of meet-ups including Java SW, Women in Tech and Scrum.org, as well as their own code club where people can come in to demo things that they’re building. There’s team nights out, wellness days, games and of course, the all-important fully stocked beer/wine fridge! There are endless opportunities for progression and personal development and this is a very exciting time to be joining them.
Sound like something you want to be part of? Send your CV directly to Ellen at email@example.com or give me a call on 01179 269 530 for more info!Back to jobs