Junior DevOps Engineer
— Leisure, Travel & Tourism
- 100% employee-owned B Corp certified company
- Pick up Terraform, Kubernetes, Prometheus and Grafana to name a few.
- Join an energised, supportive and caring team who know their stuff.
A leisure, travel and tourism company who have seen a surge in activity during 2020 are looking for a Junior/Mid DevOps Engineer to join their supportive and caring team. This is a big opportunity for someone who has a good development background who wants to get into DevOps, or someone with a good amount of DevOps experience already. What do you think?
What skills you'll be needing
- Good knowledge of AWS services.
- Plenty of experience working with containerised applications (Docker ideal).
- A broad understanding of multiple systems e.g. CMS, CRM, APIs, etc.
- Experience of working with LAMP stacks.
- Ideally an ecommerce related background but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills when discussing technical topics with stakeholders.
- A solid understanding of Scrum framework.
- Curiosity, drive, enthusiasm and willingness to learn a LOT of new stuff.
What you'll be doing
Configuring and maintaining CI / CD pipelines in GitLab as well as extending AWS infrastructure managed in IaC using Terraform. You’ll get to know their cross-environment Kubernetes clusters and assist the development team with local development in simulated Kubernetes. Create, configure and maintain monitoring and logging applications within the cluster (Thanos, Prometheus, Grafana). You’ll assist with the migration of services from legacy platforms into containerised applications in K8S or into alternative AWS services as well as track performance and adapt resource capacities to meet the needs of the running applications. Work on other AWS-hosted services to integrate with containerised applications and run and inspect security scans to ensure emerging critical vulnerabilities are addressed. Work with the Solutions Architect to create technical and infrastructural plans for new features or applications. Deploy new applications into the infrastructure (e.g. queueing or search technologies). You’ll build CI / CD and automated testing into other areas of the digital estate to improve efficiency and reliability.
What you'll get in return for your talents
If you’re keen to be part of an organisation that truly cares about the planet, who are B Corp certified and 100% employee owned then the culture here is right for you. You’ll receive plenty of support as you upskill (if needed) and a generous salary of up to £40K DOE. You can also look forward to allocated annual use and time away at some incredible locations across the country (once things settle), an annual Dividend, pension, health plan, access to industry certifications and more.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV for more info to Tareek (email@example.com 01179 269 530).
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + GloucestershireSalary:Up to £425 p/day
— 2 Weeks Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + BristolSalary:Up to £300 p/day
— Tech-for-Good, NFP, CharitiesLocation:Bradford-on-AvonSalary:£30K-£40K