Lead PHP Developer
— market leaders in machine learning & IoT
- Brand new role to own and evolve the product suite of a specialist software company.
- Start-up culture with the financial stability of an established company.
- Exciting time of growth & transformation, opportunity to grow your own team.
A specialist software house considered market leaders in the machine learning, mobile & IoT solutions space is looking for an established Full Stack PHP Developer to join them in their Bristol offices. Having gone from strength to stregth, they are looking to grow their offering with a brand-new suite of software products. You’ll be the first internal developer and will play an integral role in building the in-house development team and shaping the software business. Joining the company at an exciting period of growth, you’ll be joining a start-up venture with the financial stability of an already successful business.
What you’ll need
- Extensive background in PHP development with significant understanding of Laravel.
- Previous experience working with SaaS products.
- Knowledge of big data tools is desirable.
- Experience with mobile technology, mobile development or IoT would be advantageous.
- Experience of Linux servers and a DevOps culture of working (CI/CD, Build/Automation etc.)
- An understanding or an interest in machine learning (such as Python, R) would be a bonus.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a brand-new software development team as the first internal developer you will have the opportunity to shape the culture and approach to development & delivery. Working alongside the Product Director, you’ll be involved in the design, development and testing of the business’ new and existing software products, writing scalable code with code quality and performance in mind. Initially, a portion of the development work will be outsourced, so an ability to work collaboratively with third party teams is key. With the vision of bringing development in-house, you will play an important role in the recruitment process, on-boarding of new developers and selecting which development tools will be used and when best to introduce them. This role is perfect for someone with good experience of (or a keen interest in) big data capture and processing, machine learning & mobile/IoT devices who is looking for an unique opportunity to shape the business’ software offering.
What you’ll get in return
The salary will be dependent on experience but is in the region of £50K -£70K. There is an element of flexibility so if you’re a little outside this, please do still get in touch. On top of this, you’ll be joining a growing company in a critical role with excellent scope for progression into a Head of/CTO role.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity email your CV now to Ellen (01179 269 530) or give us a call for more info!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Web Development & Software Engineering jobsSearch all jobs
— Mulesoft, Mule ESBLocation:BristolSalary:Competitive
— Remote Working - High profile productsLocation:South Wales/RemoteType:Salary:Up to £250 p/day
— Up to 4 days remote workingLocation:CirencesterSalary:£35K-£45K