Skills and Talent Manager
- Brand new opportunity to join the team at techSPARK
- Enjoy working with the finest Tech and Digitally led businesses in the region
- Flexible working and autonomy
From Artificial Intelligence to Virtual Reality through Cyber Security and FinTech we work with some of the world’s most amazing technology companies. We’re a not-for-profit network who connect the best people, companies and news to help grow the tech cluster in the South West
We’re looking for a brilliant Skills and Talent Manager to join our team and help make our eco-system even better. If you’re great at building relationships with people and have a passion for helping them we’d love to have a chat. We’re looking for someone who can click with our clients, understand their challenges and help them connect with the best talent available.
What you'll be doing
Community is at the heart of everything we do at TechSPARK. We act as the glue that helps bond the tech cluster and it’s how we make sure that people know about all the amazing jobs, events and news happening in the area. It’s a vital resource for helping tech businesses to grow.
This job is about putting talent front and centre. You’ll be managing out work to make sure our community can access the best talent and we can reach the coolest people wherever they are in the world. You’ll help our partners attract the best people, working with editorial to create content that tells their story in a new way— and we put their jobs in front of amazing people. In particular you’ll be managing our Bristol Calling project to showcase the great jobs in the city and attracting new talent to our eco system.
As the Skills & Talent Manager you will be responsible for selling new business to talent acquisition leaders & recruiters within our community. Experience selling to recruiters is preferred, as well as someone who is driven to surpass goals while delivering a great experience to clients and co-workers.
We’re a small start-up working with some of the most impressive and most exciting business in the UK and we want our team members to reflect that. We need people to work with us who are enthusiastic, inquisitive, outgoing, flexible and keen to work with our amazing tech cluster.
What experience you'll need
- Lead Generation – skilled in working in results orientated business development environment HR/recruiting and/or Event Sales experience is preferred.
- Proven track record to close deals through in-person and over the phone meetings
- Account Management – experienced in handling complex and often time- consuming account
- Experience of presenting information coherently and convincingly
- Research – proficient with using intelligence tools/contacts to support proposals to clients.
Skills and Competencies
- Able to create strong partnerships to support businesses
- Ability to work without close supervision – able to prioritise, problem-solve and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication and inter-personal skills - questioning and listening to achieve a common understanding of complex issues to apply appropriate tactics and techniques on clear, convincing and consistent messages.
- Ability, confidence and credibility when dealing with senior business leaders to develop, influence and advise on business decisions
- Willingness to take a flexible and adaptable approach to work, able to travel, work unsocial hours and be prepared to put long hours in when circumstances demand it
- Proven planning and organisation skills with the ability to work to often tight deadlines
- Experience of working within a tech or digital environment
What you'll get in return for your talents
We pay a base salary up to £35k (depending on your level of experience) plus bonus.
You will receive a range of benefits which including 24 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays, your Birthday off, flexible working, cool office based in Bristol’ Engine Shed, matched contributory pension scheme, learning and Development opportunities
How to Apply
If you’re interested in working with techSPARK, please send your CV which will be forwarded on to the techSPARK team who will contact you directly. They'd also like to see a cover letter explaining why you feel you'd be the right person for the job.Back to jobs