Junior Web Developer
— Full training in C#, SQL, HTML, CSS & More
- Exposure to a wide spread of technologies (C#, .Net, PHP, SQL, HTML etc).
- Excellent training, certifications & career development opportunities.
- Progressive company, high staff retention, sports teams, socials and more.
I’m helping a hugely successful business with international offices across Europe, American and Asia to find an enthusiastic Junior Web Developer to join their fantastic central Bristol development team. This amazing business are also highly involved with various charities such as the Prince’s Trust and hold a coveted Gold Investors in People award showing their commitment to employee support, training and development.
What you’ll be doing
No day is the same in this role; you’ll be working on a wide variety of applications within the business (they have as many as 60 different ones!). For example, some projects will be focused on system integration whereas others may be product enhancements, utilising a diverse range of technologies in the business. You’ll liaise with other members of the wider development and quality assurance teams, producing requirements to existing applications and creating and updating user stories using TFS (full training given). You will also be liaising with the company’s client base ensuring that you understand their needs within a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy.
What skills you’ll need
- Academic or commercial experience with some web technologies such as HTML, CSS, SQL, .Net, PHP etc.
- An understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Waterfall).
- IT related degree or qualification is beneficial though not essential. If you’re self-taught, that’s fine!
- Ability to work autonomously, either solo or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to identify errors and fix them accordingly.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
As well as a generous salary (£21-25K) and an incredibly supporting and collaborative team, you’ll gain exposure to a broad range of technologies, as well as internal and external learning and development opportunities (courses, certifications etc) with excellent scope for internal progression. They have sports teams (cricket, football and more), regular socials, lunches and trips and you’ll feel valued and part of the business from day one. You’ll also get 24 days holiday (which rises with service), life assurance, staff discounts, a cycle to work scheme and private healthcare just to name a few!
Sounds like a good opportunity, right? If you’d like to hear more, please get in touch with Ellen with a CV today to hear about the finer details.Back to jobs