Senior DevOps Engineer
— 100% remote BioTech start-up
- Health/BioTech start-up supporting the fight against Coronavirus.
- Full remote working with no plans to change.
- First DevOps hire with autonomy & control over tech.
I’m working with an incredible BioTech start-up who have plans to scale-up globally in 2021 whilst playing an integral role in the fight against Coronavirus. As part of this growth, they’re looking to hire their first DevOps Engineer to support a cross-functional team with automation and scaling, working with an insanely vast amount of data in a serverless environment. This business is fully remote with no plans to change once restrictions lift, so you can be based anywhere in the UK.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven experience with AWS and its ecosystem (EC2, RDS, Lambda etc.).
- Ability to manage Infrastructure-as-Code (Terraform or CloudFormation).
- Knowledge of Microservice architecture and serverless.
- Comfortable working with very large amounts of data.
- Advocate for automation and scalability, ideally having taken a start-up through a similar journey.
- Ability to create and manage CI/CD pipelines, as well as automating release/deployment processes.
- Understanding of traditional infrastructure; Linux, Networking, VPNs etc.
- Ideally you’ll have some coding experience though you won’t need to code much.
- Appreciation for security and sensitive data.
- Any knowledge or interest in Big Data, ML, Health Data would be super useful.
What you’ll be doing
This is their first DevOps hire, you’ll be joining a small team empowering the developers and creating/building pipelines using tools of your choice. You’ll take control of a progressive microservice architecture using Lambdas, working with massive amounts of data and supporting the build of a new service platform which is first-of-its-kind in the world! You’ll be an advocate for automation, managing Infrastructure-as-Code using Terraform and operating across several platforms which includes machine learning, web and bio-information in the cloud. They’re starting to bring on some much bigger clients so you’ll help them scale up globally with security at the forefront of your mind considering the sensitivity of the data you’re working with. This role would suit a self-starter who is happy working autonomously, with an ability to educate others on best practice and introducing new & emerging tech where you can.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This role is 100% remote with no plans to change, as well as offering flexible working hours for those who need it. They’re offering a very competitive salary, healthy pension scheme, 25 days hol (+ bank hols), support with upskilling and tech conferences, as well as your own choice of hardware before you get started! More than anything, this business is acting as an integral backbone to the fight against Coronavirus so you know that the work you’re producing is making a real-life difference to Citizens all across the globe.
Like the sound of this one? Share your CV with Joe or give us a call to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Exciting opportunity to drive innovationLocation:Remote/LondonSalary:£80000 - £95000
— Tech4Good scale-up, sustainable engineeringLocation:BristolSalary:£50K - £65K
— Working on an exciting digital transformation project.Location:LondonSalary:up to £80,000 DOE