— Quality driven, fun technology company, progressive
- Quality driven, fun technology company.
- Beautifully designed websites using modern open source technology, top clients.
- Become a key part of the business, influence tech strategy etc.
Fast-growing, ethical and ambitious technology company in central Bristol are looking for an enthusiastic PHP Developer to join their highly talented team. This sociable bunch work with a number of big companies across varied industries delivering beautifully crafted Wordpress websites whilst learning new tech and having fun along the way. They’re recognised through the industry as one of the best in the South West. Sound good?
What experience you'll need
- Proven commercial experience delivering PHP based web projects.
- Very good communication skills and ability to explain complicated processes in simple terms.
- Strong knowledge of PHP / object orientated programming.
- An understanding of MVC.
- Good knowledge of GIT.
- An understanding of OOP.
- Understanding of web security.
- Experience of using Laravel or equivalent PHP framework.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
- To be successful you must be able to talk through at least a couple of projects.
What you'll be doing
Within the team, you'll be developing high quality and functioning websites for charity, not-for-profit and creative brands. As well as working on WordPress sites there is also scope for learning new technologies and expanding your skillset further. The role will encompass client management/support, testing, working closely with designers on key projects and suggesting new ideas/tech to investigate. You'll work closely with clients to provide continuous delivery solutions for a small number of enterprise standard WordPress platforms that have complex integrations and external services. They're big fans of peer programming, and code reviews and will look for you to help to mentor and support new team members as the company continues to grow. They're always on the hunt for great meetups and events to attend and are promising R&D time as part of the working week.
What you'll get in return for your talents
You'll get to work on some thoroughly worthwhile and ethical client work, pick up new tech and develop your skills in an informal, fun working culture for a business that's growing nicely. In addition, they offer a competitive salary (£28-35K), give 2 weeks off for the Christmas/New Year break outside of your holiday entitlement, conference/courses, pension, some great socials, lunches and trips (monthly), learning budget, bike parking and showers, table tennis, great Spotify playlists and more. There's the opportunity for some flexible working, when you're in you'll be working in a smart digital studio with a supportive bunch around you. They also have a very low staff turnover, so job satisfaction is felt throughout.
Liking the sound of this one? Send in your CV with examples of work to Tareek (01179269530) for immediate consideration.