— Exciting Product Development
- Outstanding product making waves both sides of the Atlantic.
- Project variety, emphasis upon learning and skills development.
One of Bristol’s fastest growing software product specialists is looking to bolster their talented tech team with the arrival of a PHP Developer. Using a custom MVC and with an impressive, market-leading platform and applications they’ve grown their client base significantly in a short space of time. This is an ideal role for someone with a solid grounding in PHP development to come in and challenge themselves within a dynamic and supportive team.
*1-2 days per week at the Bristol office, rest remote.
What skills you’ll be needing
- 2+ years commercial software development experience in PHP.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues.
- Understanding of code versioning using Git.
- Good understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance.
What you’ll be doing
They are looking for a PHP Developer who is dedicated to the craft, writes code that they are proud of and can hit the ground running. You will be a part of a full-stack creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing and testing. Duties will include developing new user-facing features, reusable code and libraries for future use, co-operating with web designers to match visual design intent, integrating data from various back-end services and databases and optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability. You’ll become really proficient at being able to gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs and create and maintain software documentation.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You’ll be joining a tightknit team of people dedicated to making good things happen fast! There’s plenty of opportunity for peer learning and a really good annual training budget. The role comes with a competitive salary (£30-40K), generous holidays, gym membership discount, the opportunity to work in some of the most creative office spaces in Bristol and the chance to work with a very established leader with a start-up/entrepreneurial mindset.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV now for immediate consideration to Mike for more info.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Well-reputed Design & eCommerce AgencyLocation:Bath / 100% RemoteSalary:£25K - £30K
— Diverse greenfield projects which you'll leadLocation:Bristol / RemoteSalary:£50K - £55K
— Progressive Digital SpecialistLocation:Fully Remote (UK) or CheltenhamSalary:£50K-£60K