PHP Drupal Developer
— Not-for-profit, tech-for-good
- Not-for-profit and Tech For Good clients.
- Improve your Drupal 8 skills, opportunity to learn emerging tech.
- Fun, lovely office space, learning environment, passionate tech team.
One of Bristol’s best digital agencies is looking for a talented Drupal 8 Developer to join their further growing development team. Much of the work is utilising the latest technologies (particularly Vue.js) for not-for-profit and Tech For Good clients with the opportunity to lead projects and learn from experienced developers around you in a fun and collaborative environment.
What skills you'll be needing
- Excellent knowledge of PHP and understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts.
- Have experience working with APIs e.g. (JSON/XML).
- Experience interacting with databases using SQL.
- Experience or working with Drupal 8.
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks.
- Have an understanding of version control systems (they use Git).
- Experience of working in a busy development environment and understand that priorities can change quickly.
- The ability to understand problems and explain the complexity of them to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, and a good sense of humour.
- Understand the software development lifecycle with a keen interest in user experience.
What you'll be doing
Working within their amazing team, you’ll be identifying requirements and planning out the technical approach to implement the right solution for their clients. You’ll be building web services and working with various APIs as well as helping develop custom back-end functionality for their clients’ websites. You’ll have the opportunity to help improve development methods and practices demonstrating a commitment to quality along with keeping up-to-date with the latest development trends and introducing new technologies where relevant and appropriate. Providing support and maintenance for their clients’ existing websites is as important as supporting other members of the development team through training, code review and knowledge shares.
What you'll get in return for your talents
As well as a competitive salary (£30-40K) you’ll benefit from a training, course and conference budget, pension scheme, your choice of hardware to work on, regular knowledge sharing events, bike hub – showers, lockers and secure lock-up within a smart digital studio right in the heart of Bristol. Working with passionate industry leaders in their field, you’ll be able to make a real difference right from the start and lead exciting projects in a very supportive down-to-earth team.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV to Tareek now for immediate consideration (01179269530).