Lead Developer (PHP)
— Amazing agency, lead key projects
- Ambitious tech-focused digital specialist with huge clients.
- Evaluate, select and direct future tech.
- Lead a driven, motivated team in a key strategic role.
One of Bristol’s fastest growing digital specialists are looking for a talented Lead Developer as they look to double the size of their development team within the next year. They’re a well-respected and highly creative digital agency in stunning central offices who build scalable web and mobile applications for some very famous brands. The role will be particularly of interest to someone who enjoys delivering quality, clean solutions whilst evaluating and integrating emerging/new tech into projects.
What skills you’ll need
- Extensive and proven experience in PHP.
- MVC Frameworks, ideally Laravel or Symfony2.
- MySQL and API expertise.
- Knowledge or experience deploying and managing applications on AWS.
- Linux server administration.
- GIT/version control.
- Requirements gathering, scoping, prototyping and project delivery.
- You’ll need to have a real passion for technology and have considered opinions on the suitability of tech for projects, recommending new ones and discussing internally and directly with clients.
What you’ll be doing
Working on a variety of new and existing projects, you’ll be able to work alongside experienced developers and designers to deliver awesome solutions for some great clients. Working in partnership with the Digital Director, you’ll be called upon to research, evaluate and recommend new and emerging tech for suitability in projects. Taking ownership for the back end of all digital projects, you’ll be comfortable presenting tech info to clients and inspiring those around you within the agency with your passion for development and digital. With some exciting challenges lined up for 2018, there’ll be plenty of opportunities to lead genuinely interesting projects in a hands-on development capacity whilst you move towards a Head of Development position.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
They have a fantastic culture here and a quirky but nicely designed open plan office space in the heart of town. You’ll be able to take advantage of training courses, ‘lunch and learns’, hacks, certs, R&D, access to tech events, generous salary (£42-50K), decent holidays (inc long Christmas shut-down), company pension scheme, cycle to work, regular ‘bake offs’, sports events, your choice of kit/laptop, massages/yoga classes, plenty of socials/trips and much more. There’s great long-term progression as they grow the team around you and the flexibility and support you need to learn and get some seriously impressive projects under your belt. Above all this role comes with a very real opportunity to progress into a hands-on Head of Tech/Dev Lead role where you can really make a contribution.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV now for more info to Mike (01179269530)Back to jobs