PR and Communications specialist
— big-hitting regional independent law firm!
- International law firm with an office based centrally in Bristol.
- Work on exciting press releases and deal directly with the media.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders and collaboratively with wider marketing team.
We are working on this exciting PR and Communications Coordinator role for a leading law firm based in central Bristol. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to become an instrumental part of the marketing team and take control of press releases and pitching stories to the media.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working collaboratively with the senior PR Executives to identify the PR and communications opportunities to pitch to the press. You’ll also be running the PR campaigns and reporting successes. On the day - to -day basis, you’ll review the press to identify appropriate proactive and reactive communications opportunities. In addition to this, you’ll write a variety of external and internal content including press releases and social media posts. With social media, you will also monitor it to spot ‘live issues’ and assist with the production of a range of digital content including video, podcasts and webinars. On a weekly basis, you will also run the social media report and administer the weekly editorial meeting where planning for the week ahead will take place.
Overall, you are likely to have full responsibility for the PR for at least three key practice areas within the firm. You’ll be regularly meeting with partners to monitor progress with the PR plans and assist with implementation. You will have access to a range of tools and systems to help you succeed in this role and an established team of senior PR practitioners behind you with expertise in their field and a team of partners and technical legal experts that are keen to gain national and sector coverage.
What experience you will need to apply
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you must be able to communicate with people at all levels
- Experience pitching stories to the media & press – absolutely essential
- Experience of managing social media platforms, running reports and posting content
- Knowledge of the legal sector – ideal not essential
- PR campaign experience
- Experience writing internal and external content
- Strong admin, planning and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
What you’ll get in return for your experience
You’ll be offered a range of support and development opportunities to take your career to the next level. You’ll get a salary in line with your skills and experience and a range of company benefits including pension, 25 days holiday, life assurance, free medical cover with BUPA, enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay, interest free season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and a sports and social club which includes a range of events throughout the year. You will also receive a firm-wide bonus that is paid out in July.
If you meet the required skills and experience and are interested in finding out more then it please get in touch asap – we are looking to move quick!