— Multi-platform exposure
- Fantastic working environment in a central Bristol location.
- Remote working, flexi-time & 37.5hr week.
- Leading innovator in green technology.
A hugely progressive tech for good business is looking for a Production Engineer to join their team in central Bristol. With a turnover of c£700m and 4 offices across Bristol & London, they’re moving from strength-to-strength and were voted as being the top 20 of companies to work for in The Sunday Times!
What skills you'll need
- Proven background in software engineering. Flexible on which language but the preferences would be Java, Scala, Clojure, Python or NodeJS.
- Understanding or knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering and cloud computing (AWS, GCP, Azure, Rackspace etc.)
- Significant system design experience and great knowledge of distributed systems/data streaming.
- DevOps best practices; CI/CD, configs, automation, continuous delivery, containerisation (Kubernetes).
- Networking, security, automation & scripting knowledge.
- Extensive knowledge of operating in a highly Agile environment is essential.
What you'll be doing
Sitting in the production engineering team your purpose is to create & maintain suitable development conditions to build reliable, scalable & secure distributed systems. You’ll offer implementation & guidance to improve infrastructure and observability, as well as engineering various tools to support deployment/production capabilities across all teams. You’ll be exposed to the business’ full technology stack, focusing on infrastructure automation, SRE, release engineering & monitoring distributed systems. The aim is to improve continuous delivery pipelines with infrastructure-as-code, aligning engineering services and driving operational excellence around deployment, monitoring and service performance. No day is the same, you will constantly be adaptable and deepening your technology exposure as you go along.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Where do we even start? They offer a range of benefits including flexible/remote working, 25 days holiday, plenty of social events and meet-ups, an annual training budget, free breakfast, fruit & drinks, a minimum of 12% bonus, a 4% flexible benefit scheme (including phones, laptops, TVs and bikes) and a great pension. Importantly the working environment they have created is second to none. The offices themselves are fantastic and you’ll also be working with some great people who value the company and what they believe in. This company has already achieved a lot and is continuing to achieve some amazing things.
Want to join the team? Send your CV to Joe or give us a call now!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
DevOps and Cloud jobsSearch all jobs
— Brand new role, leading retail brand.Location:SomersetSalary:£45-65k
— Greenfield cloud platformLocation:BristolSalary:£50K - £77K
— Rapid business growth & career progressionLocation:BristolSalary:Competitive