— Learn automation testing
- Shape the QA testing function, become the go to tester.
- Award winning start-up with a small close-knit team.
- Outstanding career progression opportunities.
An award-winning video advertising start-up based in central Bristol are looking for a QA Engineer. They are seeking someone who has had exposure to automation and is keen to develop their skills, and possibly even get into some software development. They’ve grown steadily and are looking for people who can bring ideas and help drive the business forward.
What you’ll need
- Experience in a software testing role, manual or automation.
- Exposure to automation testing tools such as Selenium and Maven, you don’t need to be an expert.
- You will be confident in writing clear and concise test cases.
- Familiarity with Java is quite important, but not a deal breaker.
- Be able to manage test data and environments by keeping relevant test pages.
- The ability to introduce new test processes such as new tools, programs and methodologies.
- Ability to pick up more automation if you only use a little bit.
- Interest in programming languages and modern technology.
- Team player, good communication skills and forward thinking.
What you’ll be doing
As a QA Engineer, you will be involved in the entire development lifecycle as a key member of the development team. You’ll be responsible for quality assurance with an emphasis on test automation, alongside this you will be working closely with the product owner to define the automation testing lifecycle. As this is a video advertising start-up you will be testing third-party video players and ad-serving technology so this would be dependent on the client. With this role you will be writing high quality, value driven test cases whilst writing automated test cases in Java using Selenium and JUnit frameworks. The product owner will also expect you to take the initiative in evolving and continuously improving the team’s approach to testing.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This company are growing and are always open to hearing what other benefits should be included but they are offering share options for the lucky candidate to buy from day 1, a competitive salary of up to £35k, 25 days holiday a year which includes your bank holidays, Birthday off – if you are lucky enough to have your birthday during the working week and even the opportunity to continue your personal development with training courses.
If this sounds like your next role, contact Callum on 0117 926 9530 or [email protected]
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Testing & Quality Assurance jobsSearch all jobs
— Agile & Innovative Tech EnvironmentLocation:BristolSalary:Competitive
— Rapid business growth & career progressionLocation:BristolSalary:£40K - £50K
— outstanding software-houseLocation:BristolSalary:£30K - £35K