— Central offices, progressive technology
- Rapidly growing team with heavy investment.
- Open source technology.
- Access to latest courses & conferences to upskill your knowledge.
I’m working with a fast-growing technology business that is looking for a hands-on QA Lead to join their team. They’re currently investing heavily across their technology function and are looking to expand their Central Bristol office, with recent & significant investment received from one of their larger partners.
What experience you'll need
- Proven experience in a hands-on senior QA role with a good understanding of the SDLC and various 3rd party testing tools.
- Familiar with PHP and an ability to read PHP code.
- Good understanding of BDD, preferably with Behat but a similar tool would be great.
- Test automation experience using Cucumber, Selenium or PHPUnit.
- Ability to liaise with off-shore teams effectively.
- A passion for accuracy; a Mathematics or data-driven background would be useful.
- Understanding of JIRA would be very beneficial.
What you'll be doing
Joining a talented product team you will take the lead in putting together a test strategy for future apps within the business, as well as helping to bring older systems up to date. Working in a small team there will be a lot of 3rd party test management; it’s expected that you will look after all test plans, having an automation first mind-set in order to implement various testing processes into the software development lifecycle. You’ll take a lead on embedding testing practices into the SDLC and will need to engage with internal stakeholders - Product Owners, Testers, Developers to bring them on the journey with you.
What you'll get in return for your talents
You'll be joining a high-growth team at an early stage and will have the chance to take your career in multiple directions with this role as it grows. They always look to go on industry relevant techie conferences every year and will give you access to various courses/conferences to upskill in any areas you may not be as confident with! On top of that, the salary available is £45-55K and there is a generous set of benefits on top including a wellbeing cash plan, drinks fridge, contributory pension and 25 days' holiday, with access to additional benefits in the pipeline as the team grows.
Please get in touch with Joe with a CV today to hear about the finer details!