— Plan & implement automation strategy
- FTSE 250 organisation.
- Modern offices in the heart of Bristol complete with pool tables and ping pong!
- Outstanding team, collaboration, key development & progression opportunities.
A FTSE 250 business with new offices in the heart of Bristol, are looking for a QA Manager to report into the Head of Digital. There is a team of 5 currently with good scope to grow; they’re in the process of moving towards automation so exciting times for them. There are 5 core websites to take responsibility for, along with their own mobile and various internal systems.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven experience in a QA management role, preferably with a smaller team of 5-10 people though this is flexible.
- Strategic mind-set, hands-off but happy being close to the tech and offering direction to the team around you.
- Expertise across both manual & automated testing across multiple websites & internal systems.
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server (TFS) is really important, and any experience with Selenium or something similar would be useful.
- Ability to utilise a TDD approach to deliver digital platforms, using a fully automated deployment pipeline (CI/CD).
- Significant Agile methodology knowledge (Scrum, Kanban).
- Good business &project stakeholder engagement expertise.
What you’ll be doing
Working closely with the Digital team you will take ownership of quality assurance across various customer facing websites & a mobile application, as well as an internal booking system. The aim is to implement a company-wide strategy to automate their current testing approach, currently making up c20/25% with plans to get to c80% in the future. Due to the nature of the business there will always be an element of manual testing involved but this will decrease significantly as you progress. You’ll be leading a team of 5 including a contract resource, taking responsibility for technical direction and driving continuous improvement in an Agile development approach. It’s expected that you will advocate “DevOps” practices for the delivery of various digital platforms, using TDD principles with an automated deployment pipeline. Communication is key; you’ll need to stay close to the Product & Digital teams throughout.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
An incredible opportunity to work for a FTSE 250 organisation with a generous salary (£50-55K) and long term progression, allocated training and development budgets, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (25 days), flexi-time/remote working, annual bonus (up to 10%) plus amazing discounts at a range of restaurants/retailers. The business earned an award for Investors in People (Gold) so they really know how to look after their employees! Above all, you’ll be in a role with real job satisfaction and the autonomy to evaluate, select and suggest new ideas that will be highly valued.
Sound like the role for you? Send your profile to Joe or give us a call to find out more!