Principal Data Engineer
— Green Tech Company
- Green tech platform using AWS and Azure.
- Build cutting-edge IoT products.
- Redefine the Cloud and Data infrastructure.
An IoT green tech company are looking for a Principal Data Engineer who can build the Cloud infrastructure on AWS to support a number of initiatives.
What you will be doing
As the Principal Data Engineer, you will build infrastructure to support deep-dive analytics and proper structures to deploy ML pipelines. Currently, the Cloud team manages most of the data and now they want someone who’s going to take it to the next level in these areas:
- Redefining the architecture and the bones of the system to move towards event-driven
- Provisioning the datalake and new DWH that is being built
- Source systems integration
- Automate,automate and automate some more
- Establish the framework and ML infrastructure environment
This position will be the SME for Data in the organistion, so the scope is yours to define where you want to take it. This role will have the opportunity to grow into a management position and to build a team around you. Alternatively, if you prefer to continue down the tech influencer route, you can.
What you'll need to apply
- Experience provisioning data lakes, databases and services on AWS
- Python or Scala development experience
- Data modelling and database design experience
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience in requirements gathering and translation into technical specifications
What you'll get in return for your experience
A base salary of circa £100k DOE plus benefits including the ability to work with the tech you want, for a company that is making a real sustainable impact. The role is offered hybrid in Bristol or remote with monthly trips to the office for candidates further afield.
Please get in touch with Scott with an up-to-date CV, don't hesitate to call/email to discuss the finer details.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Market Leading Insurance BusinessLocation:Guildford, UKSalary:Up to £90K 15% bonus
— Multiple Opportunities AvailableLocation:Wiltshire, UKSalary:£40k & Benefits
— Tech Scale UpLocation:Remote, UKSalary:Up to £90k