- Join an impressive FTSE 100 brand with ambitious growth plans.
- Be part of an established user centred design practice, focussing on accessability.
- Receive a competitive salary and great company benefits including up to a 19% contributory pension.
We’re looking for a UX Designer to join a Bristol based FTSE 100 brand. It's an exciting time to join the business as they continue to invest in user experience in-house, now home to content design, research, visual design and service design.
What you’ll be doing
This role will sit on the user centred design team and focus specifically on accessibility. You will help define and promote accessibility best practice across the business and work with teams across the busines including product, engineering and marketing to educate and implement accessible designs.
Building truly accessible practice means building real understanding and educating others. You’ll work closely with researchers and 3rd party accessibility experts to understand a wide variety of access needs, conduct reviews and audits of current journeys and connect with teams across the business to share knowledge, embedding best practice.
Joining a maturing UX culture means being a real advocate for user centred design and agile product design practices, you’ll be a great communicator and used to working with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds as well as users with diverse needs.
The business has taken a user centred approach to design for some years and the fruits of this work are paying off. You’ll be joining a defined user centred design practice of over 20 people spanning content design, research, service design, UX design and visual design.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- A real passion for creating truly accessible experiences online.
- Excellent knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Knowledge of assistive technologies and services across different platforms.
- Have contributed to a design system in the past.
- A great communicator, able to collaborate with people of all backgrounds and act as an accessibility advocate to others.
- Knowledge of user agency and automated accessability verification tools.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
A competitive base salary of up to £45k (dependent on experience) plus a great benefits package including company bonus, generous pension scheme (up to 19% contribution), flexible working, 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) and a fantastic culture.