— B Corp connecting non-profits with funding
- Join a passionate team using tech to help community groups and charities access funding.
- Help to shape and evolve a successful platform doing good all across the UK.
- React, Next.js, Jest, Cypress, AWS. Learn Python/Django if you wish!
We’re looking for a Front-End Developer to join an incredible company who bring businesses and communities together to make change happen from the grassroots up. They are B Corp certified and big believers in the power of business to do good. Their game-changing platform connects non-profits in need of funding, with businesses who want to distribute funding and support their community. Since the platform’s launch at the end of last year they have partnered with the likes of Carling, Legal & General, Greene King and Sir Robert McAlpine, and have already distributed over £450k in funding, but they want to do more, scale up and multiply their impact!
The skills we’re looking for
- Commercial experience building and scaling production grade web applications with front-end languages and libraries, particularly React and Next.js.
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- Interest and knowledge of UI/UX and design.
- A drive to make robust systems using approaches such as Jest, Cypress and Storybook.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational skills.
Bonus points for…
- Experience working with AWS.
- Experience working on SaaS applications.
- An interest or passion for supporting charities, community organisations, not-for-profits.
What you’ll be doing
The development has recently been brought in-house, so you’ll be working closely with the Lead Developer and will be responsible for the front-end aspects of their software development lifecycle, from conception to deployment. This role will be very much front-end focused but if you’re interested, you’ll be able to learn about and be involved in back-end coding languages, development frameworks and 3rd party libraries. You’ll design client-side architecture, connect APIs and build features and applications with a mobile responsive design. To ensure optimal responsiveness and efficiency, you’ll test, troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software and work with the wider team to make improvements.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
There are ambitious growth plans and they want to improve and enhance the platform, so this is a fantastic opportunity to join the business at an early stage and make a real difference. You’ll receive a starting salary of up to c£50K and some great perks including flexible hours, share options, and two volunteer days a year. The role can be fully remote, but if you live within a commutable distance of Bristol and are happy to pop into the office from time to time that would be a bonus!
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV or get in touch with Sky if you have any questions.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Creative AgencyLocation:London / Remote, UKSalary:£40k Bonus & Benefits
— Greenfield development with leading- edge tech!Location:Bristol and remote, UKSalary:Up to £55,000
— Remote FinTech BusinessLocation:Remote, UKSalary:£60K - £70K