Lead DevOps Engineer (AWS)
— IoT startup, 100% remote
- AWS Infrastructure, CI/CD.
- Thriving, well-backed start-up with unique IoT product.
- Remote working (100% if you like or work from Bristol office).
A brand-new start-up with a pioneering IoT product is looking to add a Lead DevOps Engineer to their growing team. They're already making major movements in their market and following an extremely successful period of sustained growth through the pandemic they are now looking for someone to join the team to grow out the DevOps team.
Experience you'll need
- Experience of working with AWS based infrastructure (design, build and support).
- Competent with CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins, Github Actions, Azure DevOps.
- Good coverage across some of; EC2, S3, Elasticache, mySQL / MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of Backup & Disaster Recovery approach and design.
- Project or team lead capabilities or evidence of mentoring/coaching juniors for when you grow the team.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Passionate about learning the right technologies for the task.
- Experience working with GCloud / Azure (not essential).
- Experience scaling infrastructure to meet user demand.
- Experience with infrastructure as code.
What you'll be doing
This ground-breaking tech business work on user-centric, market-leading products and your role will be to help improve and scale their infrastructure for their exciting platform. Working alongside developers, testers and designers you will play a key role in taking the business forward whilst picking up some really progressive tech. You will be able to work with autonomy and time to research, evaluate and implement new processes in helping to build a fit-for-purpose AWS environment. They’ll look for you to look after disaster recovery and backups and over time learn how to write automation and infrastructure as code. You’ll need to perform well in a fast-paced environment, sharing your knowledge with others and solving problems across the business. This is an incredibly exciting product already being used by some very well-known customers so expect a fun and rewarding ride!
What you'll get in return for your talents
Along with a salary of up to £70K, bonus, 25 days holiday, healthcare, pension, choose your own kit, team social trips, coffee, fruit, beers etc. It’s a rare position with the opportunity to grow with a thriving start-up who will reward you for your efforts and truly value your opinion. You'll be working on a product that is already smashing it in it's market and help them add even more cool features and products. This is a great chance to grow out a small DevOps team and strengthen your tech skills with an exciting and hugely innovative business.
If you’d like to apply or find out more just give Mike a shout (email@example.com, 01179269530).
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Python, full-stack software engineering, GraphQLLocation:LondonSalary:Up to £80,000
— Join the GreenTech revolution!Location:Remote / GloucesterSalary:£45K - £50K
— Join the GreenTech revolution!Location:Remote / GloucesterSalary:£40K - £45K