Machine Learning Engineer
— Revolutionary FemTech start-up using interactive tech and AI
- Evolve the future product and opportunity to progress to Head of Artificial Intelligence.
- Revolutionary FemTech start-up using interactive tech and AI.
- Work on cutting edge socially conscious use-cases.
We’re looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join an extraordinary team and award-winning FemTech start-up on a fully remote basis. The company was founded a few years ago, sparked by the CEO’s personal struggles whilst on maternity leave. Realising the support she needed didn’t exist and seeing the problem affected new mums all over the world, she decided to use her technical expertise to create a revolutionary product that would make a real difference. Since then, the product has had an incredible response – it’s being used in over 90 counties (and rising!) and is recommended by the NHS Trust as part of a social prescribing pilot. They’ve been featured in numerous news articles and an interview with BBC News, won prestigious awards, and received funding from Innovate UK.
What you’ll be doing:
You will lead on the Machine Learning aspects of their pioneering app, helping to develop new products and features from idealisation, requirements specification, to proof of concept, full build and test through to launch. You’ll be tasked with applying Machine Learning techniques using a mix of supervised, unsupervised and deep learning techniques to push their offering to the next level.
Day to day you will also collaborate with internal members of the team and as the company continues to grow, you’ll help to expand and develop the software team, so will interview, lead, and mentor others. There’s the potential for this role to progress to a Head of Artificial Intelligence.
What experience you'll need:
- A degree in a STEM subject, Computer Science or Engineering with a focus on Machine Learning
- Proven commercial experience in Machine Learning related work (NLP experience is particularly desired)
- Strong experience in applied mathematics, algorithm design and performance optimisation
- Excellent coding and software development skills including Python and Deep Learning frameworks such TensorFlow/Keras or PyTorch
- Experience with any IBM Watson is crucial with some Sentiment analysis experience also being a real bonus.
- Software Engineering skills would also be beneficial.
What you’ll get in return for your talents:
You’ll be working on a unique and life-changing product with excellent progression opportunities. The company truly values diversity and they’re building a culture that is open, flexible, and nurturing. There’s total flexibility and autonomy to manage your working hours to suit your life, as well as full remote working.
There’s a salary up to £80K plus share options, 25 days annual leave, 4% pension scheme, and enhanced parental leave. Ongoing learning and development is actively encouraged, so you’ll receive funding and support for training too. They’re in a strong position with grant funding and investments backing their growth, and you’ll be surrounded by people who want to make a difference.
Like the sound of this one? Send in your CV or you can get in touch with Adam if you have any questions.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Market Leading FinTech BusinessLocation:Bristol, UKSalary:£45K - £60K 15-20% bonus
— A unique opportunity to straddle method development science and bioinformatics in a remote role.Location:London / Remote, UKSalary:Competitive
— High growth Science firmLocation:Bristol, UKSalary:£54000 - £66000