— FinTech (for Good)
- Multi award-winning FinTech For Good specialist.
- Back-end development in Node.js, Microservices, MongoDB, REST API’s.
- Full remote (from anywhere in the UK) with very occasional trips.
A multi award-winning FinTech in central Bristol is looking for a back-end (Node.js) Software Engineer to join their growing development team of 15. The product was first launched in the early 2010’s and hasn’t stopped growing since; they’re now regarded as a leader in the FinTech for Good space with no plans to slow down.
What experience you’ll need
- Extensive SQL knowledge with exposure to different databases (e.g. MongoDB, PostgreSQL).
- Experience with Microservices and REST APIs.
- Understanding of functional programming techniques and software design principles.
- You will be able to pick up/further your experience with React.js, GraphQL, AWS, Elastic stack and more.
- Are aware of technologies used for web applications, e.g. databases, backups, CDNs and search, and of Unix-like operating systems, e.g. Linux and/or Mac OS.
- Appreciation of the DevOps culture of working (TDD, CI/CD, automation etc.).
What you’ll be doing
Joining a highly motivated development team you will be responsible for designing, creating and maintaining Node.js microservices. You will be asked to apply a broad knowledge of web technologies to provide security, privacy, performance and scalability within the back-end. They’re big believers in collaborative working and you will working closely with front-end developers to implement features (React.js) and will contribute to improving code quality in code reviews and improving processes and tools. Further duties are likely to include building automated unit, integration and end to end tests as part of continuous integration and deployment environment. Your key contributions to the platform will support consumers with their financial issues and money worries, bringing new ideas and ways of innovating the process.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
You will receive a generous pension (10% contribution), full remote working with occasional trips to Bristol, life insurance, private medical, your own personal development budget, 25 days holiday a year and your own choice of OS which can be either Mac or Linux. This company pride themselves flexibility, trusting and respecting their employees to deliver the way that suits them best.
Like the sounds of this one? Get in touch with Mike to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— 3 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + LondonType:Salary:Up to £425 p/day
— Brand-new scrum teamLocation:MalvernSalary:£30K - £45K
— Remote work, consistent bonusLocation:MalvernSalary:£45K - £65K