— Meaningful Projects
- Be part of a fast growing consultancy that is renowned for delivering outstanding work on meaningful projects
- Join a team with a real commitment to being a brilliant place to work.
- Enjoy a supportive environment, knowledgeable team to work with and real investment your development.
We’re looking for a User Researcher to join a brilliant service design consultancy in Bristol.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be joining a team of user researchers, UX and service design specialists working in public sector and health to improve the way people experience services. The goal: better experiences for better lives.
Through research-led discoveries you will uncover problems worth solving and use the evidence as a foundation for service design work.
Highlights of the company’s work include:
- Working with the NHS to improve mental health services
- Helping the NHS adapt the 111 service around user needs
- Designing a collaboration platform for DCMS
- Running extensive user research to help DVSA pass GDS assessment
- Running user research in job centres across the UK for Policy Lab
- Partnering with Scope to co-create support services for disabled people
You will work alongside a Senior Service Designer and will have the opportunity to learn and develop new skills in a fast paced environment.
At this level you won’t need to have managed projects or led teams yourself but you’ll have experience of working on discovery or user research projects. This is a great opportunity to join a very knowledgeable team and make positive change to important products and services.
- You are looking for a meaningful challenge
- You want to work somewhere where you can grow to do your best work
- You are driven by your values and want to focus your effort on projects that reflect those values
- You have achieved brilliant results where you’ve worked previously - this may be during studies or outside work
- You have an open collaborative mindset, you know you don’t have all the answers
- You are really keen to learn from more experienced colleagues
- You have some experience in service design or research projects
- You have a background / education in design or research be it service design, UX, product design, industrial design, human factors, psychology or other related subjects
- You have good visual communication skills - this isn’t a UX design role, but sketches, storyboards, diagrams and low fidelity clickable prototypes will become part of your toolkit
- You have some experience participating in design research
- You have great people skills
- You are able to work remotely for now and in the future comfortable with two days a week in the Bristol studio
Attitude / qualities
- Outcome focused
What you’ll get in return for your experience
The team has a great culture so you can expect to work with a friendly and very knowledgeable bunch. There is a bonus scheme, health care scheme, 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays), plus your birthday off, a personal training budget, flexible working options, a pension and being part of a business that you can help shape.
Please apply with an up-to-date CV and any supporting case studies of work.