Senior Android Developer
— Global brand, centre of excellence for Mobile and IOT
- Centre of excellence for mobile and IOT.
- Outstanding product development, genuine innovation, Kotlin, RxJava etc.
- Fantastic training, progression, access to latest tech.
We're looking for a talented Android Developer to join one of the UK's most innovative technology businesses at their new centre of excellence in Bristol. This is an amazing opportunity to work within a progressive IoT and connected products team working with the latest technologies and continuous research and development.
What experience you'll need
- You'll be expected to have some fantastic apps to show from commercial native Android development (Java, Kotlin, Rx).
- Strong understanding of design patterns.
- Ability to create quality user experience through the apps that youve built.
- Awareness/experience of emerging and current tech i.e. Reactive Functional Programming (RX Java).
- Solid experience of automated testing and dependency injection.
- Knowledge of the Gradle build system and Continuous Integration systems.
- They need passionate, creative innovators who work collaboratively and solve problems, never compromising quality for quick release; a high attention to detail and a thirst to overcome limitations.
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for developing new features for a suite of ground-breaking connected products (four new ones on the way in the next 5 years!). The work will be challenging, varied, and will help bring the business further into the evolving world of IoT. They're looking for their developers to create an exciting product experience from mobile apps, web/CRM integrations and cloud services. You'll be collaborating in Agile teams made up of product developers, UX, electronics engineers, embedded software engineers and Cloud developers to ensure solutions are functional, secure and easy to use.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary Connectivity Research Team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the next generation of connected products and technologies are properly explored, tested and refined. You'll be able to mentor team members and contribute to system architecture and development process. It almost goes without saying that your thoughts and opinions will be hugely valued and encouraged especially when helping to evolve research processes.
What you'll get in return for your talents
An incredible opportunity to work on greenfield and challenging projects for a global giant offering long term progression, training and development, hacks and ongoing R&D initiatives, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You'll also get generous holidays, bonus, healthcare, pension, flexible hours and be surrounded by some of the smartest developers in the region. You'll be part of a team producing apps used across the world by millions; job satisfaction is going to be high in this one!
Like the sound of this? Send in your CV and examples of apps youve built to Ellen (01179269530).