Senior Cloud Software Engineer (C#/Python, AWS)
— Incredible opportunity to progress
- Global business with a tech division overlapping into IoT/Robotics.
- Cutting edge tech, R&D, progressive world-leading business.
- Progression into a Technical Lead role.
One of the UK’s most innovative & rapidly growing technology companies are looking for a Senior Cloud Software Engineer to join their Bristol office. As they continue to grow their business with scope to double in size over the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity for an established specialist to join an exciting division with constant training & development.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven background in C#/Python development, ideally working in a production environment.
- Significant knowledge of NodeJS.
- Excellent understanding of AWS, preferably with an understanding of serverless cloud (Lambda).
- Previous experience in a mentoring/leadership role.
- Knowledge of CI/CD, containerisation and infrastructure-as-code (Jenkins, Kubernetes, Terraform etc.). Test & deployment automation expertise is needed as well.
- Awareness of connected products, scalability, micro-service architecture, distributed applications etc.
- Background in an Agile/Scrum environment.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a cross-functional team as one of the senior engineers, you’ll be covering a variety of projects, focusing on building new connected product features as well as enhancing the pre-existing platform using C#/Python and a range of monitoring & automation tools. The company work in an Agile manner so you’ll be involved in daily stand-ups & fortnightly sprints, often developing as a pair or team to ensure there are no blurred lines of communication internally. Most of the projects you’ll be focusing on are centred on IoT & Robotics so you will have plenty of variety, meaning adaptability is essential. The long term goal for this role is to evolve into more of a Technical Lead position so you will need to be willing & prepared to make that transition later down the line.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
An incredible opportunity to work for a global giant offering a competitive salary with long term progression, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays, annual bonus, flexi-time/remote working, health options, pension scheme, smart offices, R&D time and more. Above all, you’ll be in a role with real job satisfaction and the autonomy to evaluate, select and suggest new ideas that will be highly valued.
Really exciting role here – want to hear more? Give Joe a call or send us your CV now!