Senior Data Scientist
— Amazing opportunity in a brand-new team
- Brand new team working collaboratively with a top UK University.
- Exciting opportunity to mix academic and commercial experience.
- The company is fully committed to the applications of Machine Learning across all business areas.
Our client is one of the largest, longest standing, and well-respected UK Insurance companies. Within finance, they are one of the UK's Juggernauts, but despite this, they have managed to retain a professional and welcoming working culture.
They have recently partnered with one of the UK's leading Red Brick Universities to build a Data Science team to support the application of Machine Learning across the business and are now looking for a new Senior Data Scientist to join.
What you'll be doing
This role will involve developing and implementing machine learning platforms in order to improve the realisation of benefits in the Pricing Department. You will be working closely with a team of experienced Data Scientists and work across different teams within the department. This is a fantastic opportunity if you have a curious nature and want to continue your personal development in machine learning.
What experience you'll need to apply
- Good command of Python or R.
- Solid experience using SQL (particularly relational databases)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Machine learning experience in Linear Models and Tree Based Methods. Able to deploy this in a business environment.?
- Being a willing and able communicator.
What you will get in return for your experience
Due to the flexibility and willingness to upskill people coming in the salary band is between £55,000 - £75,000. On top of the salary, the package includes 30(+2 optional buys) days holiday, private medical care, a very generous discount on all insurance offerings and partnerships, and the opportunity for a sizable bonus predicated on personal performance. The working environment has many testimonials which highlight that it is a wonderful place to work, and is head and shoulders above many insurance/finance companies. Their staff retention rate is a good indicator of this.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch with Adam with your updated CV and we'll handle the rest.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— Pioneering Autonomous Vehicles CompanyLocation:CambridgeSalary:Competitive
— Rapid business growth & career progressionLocation:BristolSalary:£45000 - £60000
— Thriving eCommerce BrandLocation:BathSalary:£40000 - £50000